We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers

Which Villasimius hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 23
transfers

Why are transfers so expensive like 90 Euro that's robbery, unless I am looking in the wrong places.

Olbia
reviews: 29
1. Re: transfers

from where to where?

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
2. Re: transfers

If, for example, this were to be Cagliari Airport (guess) to Villasimius (judging only by forum used), that's 59 km. How much does it cost to travel that far by taxi/chauffeur-driven car where you are?!

Edited: 6:49 pm, October 16, 2013
London
reviews: 68
3. Re: transfers

Taxis in Sardinia are not well established and as Qaminari says a journey might be 59 kms. Bear in mind that there is no hope of a return fare, so the taxi is travelling 118 km for this one passenger. I doubt that there is enough business for the taxi to go straight on to another job and so it is entirely possible that one job is the taxi drivers only renumeration for the whole day.

If you think the fare is too high and you cannot use the sparse public transport available, then hire a car.

Olbia
reviews: 29
4. Re: transfers

Cagliari airport to Villasimius will cost around €75, unless you are travelling at night (after 10pm) or on Sundays/public holidays.

Taxis in Italy are notoriously expensive, however, take a look at these sites:

taxiaeroportocagliari.it/index.php/tariffe

http://www.taxi-cagliari.it/tariffe

http://www.taxiamico.com/tariffe.php

Glasgow, United...
5. Re: transfers

Thanks for your replies. My cheap Ryanair Flight could have turned out an expensive option, I have the local bus times which have been posted on Trip Advisor and shall wait 2 hours for it in Caglaira and have lunch, otherwise the taxi fare will be more than the air fare. Looking forward to my visit to Villasimius, sounds a lovely place.

Glasgow, United...
6. Re: transfers

Returned from our break at villasimius, I realise now why taxi would be so expensive and thanks for the bus timetables which were so helpful and luckily we could plan our journey using these. Lovely scenic journey but very long, glad I hadn't hired a car, would have hated having to drive the bendy mountain roads.

7. Re: transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 04, 2014