We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Herculenium

Which Vico Equense hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Herculenium

Can you get to Herculenium easily from Vico?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
1. Re: Herculenium

There is a station at Vico Equense on the Circumvesuviana line (the Branch line that goes to Sorrento. you need the Ercolano stop in the direction of Naples.

Londinium born and...
2. Re: Herculenium

Have a look here for more information about Vico Equense and click on the Union Jack flag for English.

http://www.vicoturismo.it/

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 790
3. Re: Herculenium

yes very easy,get the train to "Ercolano Scavi". Trains run every 30 miutes and take about 40 minutes to Ercolano.walk out the train station and head down the hill,keep walking till you hit something,that is the Herculeneum site,you seriously cannot miss it.lots of great little cafes and pizza places to eat as well (very cheap).

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Herculenium

where are you staying in Vico?

I stayed in the Oriente a couple of years ago.

Lancashire UK
reviews: 2
5. Re: Herculenium

unclegus,

we were planning a short visit to Vico Equense next month while on holiday. As you have stayed there , I thought you might be able to suggest some places of interest within walking distance of the station. Also, do you know if a bus goes down to the sea-front. Would appreciate any info you could give.

Pete.

Edinburgh, United...
6. Re: Herculenium

There really is not at lot in Vico,the bus as far as I am aware does not go to the seafront,mainly because there isn't a lot of seafront.there is a small road that winds it's way down to a small harbour area,and would only take about 5 minutes to walk.there are sevral good bars in the main square ,a small museum (mainly rocks) and a few shops,not a hive of activity.It is a good base for exploring the area,with good bus and train links to all over the Sorentto pininsula.we used it as a base to go to Sorrento,Naples,Pompeii ,Herculeneum and Paestum.There is a great pizza place in Vico called Pizza a Metro just off the main square.It does meter long pizza,but you dont have to buy a whole meter.

Last year I stayed in Sorrento instead of Vico and found this much better for nightlife.

Edinburgh, United...
7. Re: Herculenium

meant to say it only takes about 15 minutes to get to Sorrento by train.they run every 30 minutes.

Lancashire UK
8. Re: Herculenium

unclegus

thanks for the reply. I like going to quiet places but it sounds like I should give this one a miss.

Pete.

Edinburgh, United...
9. Re: Herculenium

peteh,I think it a lovely place,a bit on the quiet side but a lovely little town.I just found it to be very very quiet for nightlfe(we were there late September),that is all.The transport links to elsewhere are excellent,and the people were all extremlly friendly,food in the hotel was very good,and we got sandwiches for packed lunches made up at shops very easily.Sorrento might be a better bet for you,We stayed there last year and enjoyed it very much,though the hotel Oriente in Vico was a better hotel than the hotel Eden we stayed in in Sorrento.

Lancashire UK
10. Re: Herculenium

Thanks again

Pete.

Get answers to your questions about Vico Equense