We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viareggio in October

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grants Pass, Oregon
Viareggio in October

We are planning to stay in Viareggio in October, I read that cafe's and other businesses close down for the winter.

Do you think there is enough businesses still open to make it interesting?

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
1. Re: Viareggio in October

When in October, Ronda P? Most places will still be open ... as they are now. In fact, Viareggio's a gas even in the dead of winter.

Grants Pass, Oregon
2. Re: Viareggio in October

Hi Artviva,

Thank you for responding!

We plan to be there mid-October, around the 14th....are the markets and still some cafe's still open.....do you think it would still be nice to sit out on the beach?

London
3. Re: Viareggio in October

You could get a glorious week in the mid 20 degree centigrade range... you also a week where it just rains......

Personally I would stay further inland round Lucca. Save on the extra money being in Viareggio and get a bigger better equipped lodgings.Whether it be a hotel or house. Let the train take the strain from Lucca.

Regards

John

Grants Pass, Oregon
4. Re: Viareggio in October

Thank you John, I will check out Lucca.

Florence Italy
5. Re: Viareggio in October

Hi Ronda P - The weather'll probably be a crapshoot in mid-October, as that's typically when it starts to get rainy.

But who knows? There's no explaining the weather these days. We were in the 5 Terre in mid-October (north of Viareggio) and the weather was sublime. Sea was swimmable. Sunscreen very necessary.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
6. Re: Viareggio in October

I have been in Viareggio in October, albeit a few years ago now, and it was very quiet indeed. Cafes and restaurants were largely open, but there were very few people around. I would say Lucca is a better bet. If you do get decent weather you can just hop on a train to Viareggio it only takes about 20 mins from Lucca. There will certainly be more 'life' to be found in Lucca in October.

7. Re: Viareggio in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 27, 2014