We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
reviews: 123
Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

Have unsuccessfully searched the forums for talk of this and just wondering if there are any?

Latina, Italy
1. Re: Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

I've never heard of any frankly. Piombino is the port to go from.

Latina, Italy
2. Re: Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

P.S. You might of course find private boats doing day trips. I'd ask the tourist info. people in Viareggio.

Middlesbrough...
3. Re: Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

Yes I imagined that Viareggio wouldn't be the usual place to get to Elba.

I am just hoping that someone in the Viareggio area can maybe confirm if what you have suggested (private boats offering trips) is true and their rough prices.

Mind you, I've just estimated that Elba is around 65 miles from Viareggio, and I'm not sure but that could be a bit far for small boat trips. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Middlesbrough...
4. Re: Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

Actually I think Elba is probably best left for another visit to Tuscany.

We're in Northern Tuscany for our honeymoon - perhaps for our anniversary we should check out the south!

Latina, Italy
5. Re: Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

There might conceivably be something from Livorno, but I think you are right to leave it for another trip.

A good resort in southern Tuscany is Castiglione della Pescaia and I know for certain that there are day trips to Elba from there. I've been on them myself.

Middlesbrough...
6. Re: Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

Thank you. We are considering visiting Livorno (depending upon if we have the time) as I've heard there's a festival on whilst we are visiting - I will keep it in mind.

Much obliged for your help.

7. Re: Boat trips to Elba departing from Viareggio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 10, 2014