We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calcio

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 6
Calcio

Hi,

This might be a long shot, but me and the wife are in Viareggio 15-22 of September, and when we are in Italy we like to go to a Serie a fotball match, i see that Genoa/Sampdoria, Siena and Fiorentina are reasonably close, has anyone any ideas of which is easiest to get to (depending on fixtures), Thanks

and a side issue, what time is the evening meal at the Grand Hotel Royal, Thanks again

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
reviews: 30
1. Re: Calcio

If you have a car Genoa probably will be the easiest, straight up the coast. If you can't tie up the fixtures don't forget Viareggio themselves are Serie C (leg pro 1) or even Lucca are serie D, crowds for Viareggio I don't think are large, Lucca expect around 800-1000 depending on the fixture, but in an old historic ground.

england
2. Re: Calcio

Thanks for your reply, we will be using the train, my driving is not the best, went to see Taormina in the Coppa Italia last year, so Viarregio and Lucca are a good option

Hereford
reviews: 49
3. Re: Calcio

It seems you knowyour calcio so putting this first bit in for others who fancy a game whilst on holiday however dont know much about Italian football

in Tuscany the biggest teams, in order are Fiorentina based in Florence, Seina, Empoli. Lucchese based in Lucca, and Pisa. Depending on the game tickets should be easy to get everywhere except Fiorentina if they are playing Juve or either Milan club

Fixtures wont be out till next month and you will need D to purchase tickets or pick them up if you pre order and collect ground - I was able to do this Como - the 'smaller' clubs seem happy helping an overseas fan sort tickets so email direct, had quite a long conversation with the chap at Como who was amazed I had heard of them let alone want to attend a game!

Please post on your return what game you did and your experiences

Edited: 7:16 am, July 15, 2012
Hereford
4. Re: Calcio

I forgot Livorno also in Tuscany and until recently a Serie A club

Edited: 7:21 am, July 15, 2012
england
5. Re: Calcio

Thanks Carl, just really waiting now for the fixtures to come out, then can put some sort of plan into operation, will let you know how it all turned out, thanks again

england
6. Re: Calcio

Ended up going to see Fiorentina v Catania, sorted tickets out with club ticket office and picked them up on match day, caught early train to Florence, strolled round for a while, then walked to Piazza San Marco and caught bus to the ground.

Picked tickets up, nice atmosphere, had good seats, and La Viola won 2-0, after match there were buses in Via Sette Santi, waiting to take you back into town, we were back at Santa Maria Novella station by 5.15, caught the train back to Viareggio, had a memorable day and everything went fine, will definitely go again

Hereford
7. Re: Calcio

Excellent news and thanks sharing the information, pleased you got to go to a game

Seems Fiorentina ticket office were helpful, did you order tickets over the phone or by email through the ticket office and how did you arrange pick up at the stadium?

england
8. Re: Calcio

I sorted everything out by e-mail, the Fiorentina ticket was excellent, advised me on prices, and best place to sit.

They even picked the tickets up from the ticket office, and took them to Fiorentina point, which I think is there club offices, to save us from queueing up at the ticket office.

E-mailed me a form, for our details, card number and were we wanted to sit, worked very well.

9. Re: Calcio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, December 13, 2013