We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun beds in Viareggio

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kristiansand, Norway
Sun beds in Viareggio

Im looking forward to go to Viareggio this summer! But is it true that you have to rent sunbeds if you want to enjoy the beach? And how much does it cost? :)

Brentwood, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

That is true on most Italian beaches.Altho by law there has to be some free beach access it usually is on a rather inferior part of the beach and can be rather crowded.

When I was in Sestri Levante the hotel where I stayed had a private beach opposite but it cost !7E per day, for residents, for lounger and umbrella !

There was quite a good public beach there but it was very crowded and rather out of the way.

Marina Di...
reviews: 81
2. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

Yes, it is true... but there are also some free beaches; in Viareggio it is going to Torre del Lago, quite far from the center if you don't have a car or almost a bike.

Another free beach is in Marina di Pietrasanta, at the beginning of the seaside, if you arrive from Viareggio; also in this case you must have car or bike, even if there is also the bus... you might ask to your hotel for better informations.

The price for an umbrella and 2 chairs/sunbeds I think is almost 10€/day, if you book for a week or more it can be cheaper. Consider that beaches of Viareggio are usually cheaper, expecially those in Darsena, near Torre del Lago, but as I said, they are quite inconvenient if your hotel is in the center!

Kristiansand, Norway
3. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

Thank you for your replies!!! If its not more than 10 euro I think we just want to rent an umbrella and chairs/sunbed :)

Marina Di...
4. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

You're welcome! But I was wrong, I have checked on internet and prices are higher! I stay there all the summer, so price is different!

I have found this list of price... I don't know if it is update to this year... mean price is 20€... http://www.viareggino.it/bagni/prezzi.html

First number is the price/day for 2 chairs and one umbrella. Some beaches have also swimmingpool, so they are more expensive. It depends also from the period you go, from the end of July to the first half of August prices are more expensive! But hotels often have conventions with some beaches, so price may be lower... Ask to your hotel!

Here there is a map so you can see how far are beaches from your hotel http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=stabilimenti+balneari+viareggio+mappa&fb=1&gl=it&hq=stabilimenti+balneari&hnear=0x12d598ae748b72ff:0x4082c90e3e59a90,Viareggio+LU&ei=my-xT57YB4za4QTKhfWbCQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CCgQtgM

If you enlarge it and put the mouse on the red spots along the seaside, you can read the names of the beaches. Viareggio city centre is between the 2 channels (Fossa dell'abate at north and the other, next to Cinema Politeama, at south). The area below the southern channel is called Darsena, were I told you there are the free beach and other beaches that, I think, are cheaper.

England
reviews: 21
5. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

I only want to come to Viareggio for a couple of hours and it will be by train. Is it possible to walk along the beach and into the water without having to pay for sun beds? Also are there cafes for use without having a sunbed. Thank you.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
reviews: 136
6. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

There is a free beach area and there are many places to eat along the big main street parallel to the beach.

Marina Di...
7. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

Of course, if you just walk along the sea or in water and you don't sit down or lie down, you can have free access to the beach: there are some passages between the "bagni". You can enjoy the beach bars without problems, or, however, there are a lot of cafes along the street, how Bookat says.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 32
8. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

Hi, i'm just back - as Chiarina advises, Torre del Lago free beach is very nice but you need a car. We paid 36 euros for three persons for 2 days on one of the Lido Camiorie private beaches, but this was one of the cheaper ones on offer

9. Re: Sun beds in Viareggio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 21, 2013