We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Service Viareggio and Torre del Lago Puccini Festival

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
Bus Service Viareggio and Torre del Lago Puccini Festival

I am traveling to Italy in August and September and hope to attend opera performances in Torre del Lago 08/24 and 08/25. All lodging in Torre del Lago is sold out. (I keep looking) Closest hotels are about 3+ miles in Viareggio. Does anyone know if there is bus service to Viareggio from Torre del Lago late at night after performances, possibly midnight or later? I will not have a car. I am a 61 yr. old physically fit femaie and could certainly walk it but obvious concern about walking alone that late at night.

Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Bus Service Viareggio and Torre del Lago Puccini Festival

Hi,

Have a look at reply no3 on this thread.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…33545627

mesh

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
2. Re: Bus Service Viareggio and Torre del Lago Puccini Festival

Thank you so much for providing the link, mesh. I wil definitely contact the clublucca coach service to get further information. Perhaps I will make Lucca my base if there is RT transport to Torre del Lago. It was a little disappointing to read the reviews of the Puccini Festival performances. I know all the operas very well so not understanding and following along will not be an issue for me. Despite the comments of less than stellar performers, acoustics, direction, I wll still try to attend at least one performance just for the experience of the festival.

Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Bus Service Viareggio and Torre del Lago Puccini Festival

Hi again,

Pleased to have been some help. We are huge fans of Lucca and for many years we have spent our annual summer holidays there and will be back again in 2012. If you decide upon Lucca as your base here are a couple of links to things that might be of interest to you.

http://www.puccinielasualucca.com/index.asp

www.fondazionegiacomopuccini.it/page.php…

mesh

4. Re: Bus Service Viareggio and Torre del Lago Puccini Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 07, 2013