We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 25
Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

Thinking about staying here for a week in August - strange that it's not mentioned here on TA and can't find reviews or much about it anywhere else

wondered if anyone knows this place?

Dalton-in-Furness...
reviews: 77
1. Re: Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

This any use?:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194946-d257095…

Oldham, United...
2. Re: Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

Do you mean the one in Lido de Camaiore?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

In Lido di Camaiore, but only a couple of miles from Viareggio tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194794-d572091…

Oldham, United...
4. Re: Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

The link provided by perilizia is the right hotel. I came back last Saturday from a week long stay. We had a great holiday, fantastic location with easy transport links to Pisa, Lucca and Florence. Great position right on the promenade. The hotel had a lot of older couples and families so we were pretty much the youngest there without kids (in our early/mid thirties) and v few English (which we saw as a bonus). The majority of the resort was Italian families.

Not a place for a party holiday with the bars closing by midnight but perfect if you are wanting to be able to have dinner, bit of a wander and a few drinks on the front so really depends what you are looking for. Great for combining both sightseeing and sunbathing type holidays.

The beach was expensive but spotlessly clean, but the hotel has a pool. Food at the hotel was v good, buffet salad and waiter served starters and mains from a choice of four items a course which changed every night and good selection of desserts.

Only downsides from our view was that our room had a v small shower and no balcony but not real issues in the scheme of things.

Any other questions?

Kent, UK
reviews: 2
5. Re: Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

Hi, I am considering booking the Grand Royal for my husbands 40th next May. Was it expenseive within the hotel i.e food and drinks round the pool etc, and the local area bars and restaurants??

doncaster
reviews: 2
6. Re: Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

thanks for this. Its nice to read some positives. We are wanting to combine beach holiday with some sightseeing. Could you tell me how much is it to hire a sunbed? I have also been told that they have the old fashioned deckchairs on the beach, can u hire sunbeds too?

It would be lovely to have any further tips too. the type that if you'd known that before you would have done this or taken that.

What about the dress code, any tips?

Im getting excited now.

Sharon we go in sept

St Ives, United...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

The drinks and food around the pool are about average. It was cheaper to buy a bottle of wine rather than by the glass. The wooded area behind the hotel was much cheaper for drinks and is a lovely area to have a break from the sun and watch the locals meeting their family and friends. The wine in the restaurant was probably about the same as restaurants in the UK. As for dress code I would say smart casual to smart although men aren't allowed in the dining room with shorts on in the evening. There isn't any entertainment in the hotand ut you will find a couple of singers on the sea front. I was told that they charge extra for drinks thou if you go to these bars.

I think you can hire sunbeds besides the deck hairs but don't know the cost. You don't need to take beach towels as the hotel provide them .

Hope that helps!

8. Re: Grand Hotel & Riviera : Viareggio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 30, 2013