We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viareggio in October

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
reviews: 30
Viareggio in October

Hi, we are just wondering about visiting Viareggio towards the end of October. Please can anyone tell me what the weather could be like and also if there is much going on or has the resort started closing for winter? Probably will stay at the Grand Hotel Royal. We intend to travel about and see Lucca, Pisa, Florence etc. so are not depending too much on the beach. Many thanks.

Edited: 3:43 am, May 08, 2011
Bournemouth
1. Re: Viareggio in October

Hi - we are thinking of going to viareggio end Sept/ealr Oct. Would be good to hear what your experience was like. Was everything shut, was it sunny?! Also the grand hotel was on our list too - did you enjoy your stay?

Birmingham
reviews: 1
2. Re: Viareggio in October

We've stayed a few times in the last couple of weeks of September and the weather has been excellent. Sunny and mid 20s C.

Some of the cafes and restaurants and beach establishments have already been closed when we've been there and we've seen more being packed away for winter when we've left.

I have some worries about how much there is going on in October which is why we keep going back in September. It will remain an excellent place to stay if you want to get to Pisa, Lucca, Florence etc.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
3. Re: Viareggio in October

Not a lot going on in October and the weather can be pretty cool and wet by then too. It wouldn't be my choice of a base that late in the year.

4. Re: Viareggio in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 13, 2013