We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Umbria?

Which Todi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
reviews: 14
Where to stay in Umbria?

Where should we stay in the Umbria region? We like the country and would like to rent a villa, there will be four of us. We are looking for a small town to serve as a home base for day trips. We will have a car. Dates are in the planning.... late 9/10 or early 10/10.

Thanks for everyones' help in the past.

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 63
11. Re: Where to stay in Umbria?

So true Alaska.....I think folk get the first place and it becomes a pivot rather than thinking the reasons.

I would hate personally to be staying in an agrotourismo and have to get in a car to just get to a coffee or quick bite.....let alone the passerbys i would annihilate after a session on the sagrantino

Dallas
12. Re: Where to stay in Umbria?

Yes, it has been a long series of questions.Your kind responses have been extremely helpful. After reading your posts, we decided Todi is a good location for day trips to Assisi, Montefalco, Spello, Perugia. I chose Todi as I have heard many wonderful things about its beauty. Several friends have been there.Plus The Todi House is beautiful and within the walls of Todi.

If anyone has suggestions on where to munch out, let me know!! We are looking for local flavor, not inflated prices.

Also, any good wine tours by name?

How is early October weather?

Italy/Alaska
reviews: 32
13. Re: Where to stay in Umbria?

I suggest you ask the owners of the villa to give you their restaurant recommendations when you make your reservation.

Weather in October is usually nice autumn temps. You can always do a search on one of the weather sites to see the general temps in the area.

Dallas
14. Re: Where to stay in Umbria?

Glad to hear weather is nice October.

Other than asking the owners, since they do not live on premise, does anybody know some good restaurants in and around Todi... good food, reasonable prices

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
15. Re: Where to stay in Umbria?

a bit of a drive but well priced (was E20 a head last time) and usually a good happy crowd.....only been with a group and this heats the action up a little.

ALLA VIA DI MEZZO, at Torre dl Colle ..... up the road from Bevagna in a Village that looks like its from the Decameron of Boccaccio repro.

Dallas
16. Re: Where to stay in Umbria?

Thanks again! Sounds like our kind of place

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
17. Re: Where to stay in Umbria?

should have said you will need to book as its busy and after getting there it would be a b to miss out

18. Re: Where to stay in Umbria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 13, 2010