We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa airport to Fornovolasco

Which Tirrenia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich
Pisa airport to Fornovolasco

Hi....

I intend to fly to Pisa from London to spend a few days in Tuscany walking some of the peaks.The 3 peaks seem interesting so i was thinking of staying in Fornovolasco and therefore wonder if i can get there from Pisa airport, by train or bus?

Thankyou in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: Pisa airport to Fornovolasco

Maybe train from Pisa Airport to Barga-Galiicano. changing at Pisa Centrale (and sometimes also at Lucca) http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html - use a date this week to see fares, as they are NA online more than seven days in advance.

Then bus from the station (called Mologno FS on the bus timetables, not Barga-Gallicano) or from Gallicano vaibus.com/pdf/Extraurbano_inverno_2012_13.p…

Norwich
2. Re: Pisa airport to Fornovolasco

Thankyou for your help,i will research the information :-)

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 79
3. Re: Pisa airport to Fornovolasco

Much as I support your idea of hiking the Apuan Alps, I submit that the area is very difficult to access by public transport, especially if you wish to explore the whole range.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
4. Re: Pisa airport to Fornovolasco

I agree with FF. If you want to explore this rather remote area, a car is pretty much essential.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
5. Re: Pisa airport to Fornovolasco

There are nine buses a day to Fornovolasco (except on Sundays), which is a great deal more than to many places much less remote.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
6. Re: Pisa airport to Fornovolasco

Even so, I think a car is pretty much necessary to explore the area as opposed to just getting to and from Fornovolasco.

Reply to: Pisa airport to Fornovolasco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tirrenia