We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tirrenia - Carrara - Colonnata

Which Tirrenia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blairsville, Georgia
reviews: 157
Tirrenia - Carrara - Colonnata

We will be five Americans - one car - driving from Tirrenia to Carrara and then on to Colonnata and return.

We can leave early in the AM and will drive north on A12 - then over to Carrara - sight see a little at a quarry then drive on over to the village of Colonnata (to see the main square that is paved with marble ???).

Will anyone (who really knows this area) please advise me if this is possible as a day trip? Even though we can leave early in the AM we would need to be back in Tirrenia before dark. We will be doing this trip in mid - late May of 2011.

We will be driving fairly slow (sorry locals) so please figure that into your estimate. If you could give me the travel time estimate and the mileage estimate that would be wonderful.

Thank you !!!!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 55
1. Re: Tirrenia - Carrara - Colonnata

Yes, perfectly possible. Carrara is about 45 miles from Tirrenia, so you are looking at a drive of about an hour and a half, if you are going slowly, and Colonnata is just a few miles from Carrara.

Blairsville, Georgia
reviews: 157
2. Re: Tirrenia - Carrara - Colonnata

Thank you .................I'm adding those two towns to my list of possible day trips from Tirrenia.

3. Re: Tirrenia - Carrara - Colonnata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 02, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Tirrenia