We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stromboli from Lipari

Which Stromboli hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NSW
reviews: 28
Stromboli from Lipari

We are staying two nights in Lipari and wondered if there was an afternoon or evening cruise to Stromboli and back from Lipari (we want to do it on Thursday, September 19). we don't want to climb the volcano we just want to see it in action in the evening.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 19
1. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

Hi Lorraine,

There are many boat excursion companies on Lipari and they all do basically the same trips. I was on Lipari in early May and did the Stromboli night time trip with Da Massimo. The itinerary was supposed to be 1.5 hours on Panarea and 4 hours on Stromboli. Turns out they combined the trip with those people climbing the volcano and we ended up waiting on Stromboli for 6.5 hours for them to come back down. Unfortunately Stromboli doesn't have much to offer and it was a very long, boring wait.

Get absolute commitment and details on the exact itinerary and I'm sure you will have fun. Be aware that you are going outside of peak season (as I did), so don't get stuck waiting around on Stromboli! Our trip left Lipari Marina Corte at noon and we got back at midnight.

I loved Lipari and the Aeolian Islands - hope you do too!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
2. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

There are many excursions from Lipari to Stromboli LorraineCopa, and even if your tour time on the island were extended, you could surely find things to do on Stromboli for six hours as those who spend days on the island can attest. Since you don't expect to trek the volcano, perhaps a combined Stromboli-Panarea tour (some with swimming) would be something you might enjoy.

overnight in Stromboli:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194927-i3255-k417…

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

Tarnav is now running a new Stromboli mincruise that departs from Lipari - Panarea and Stromboli by night - departing from LIPARI:

…tarnav.it/minicruises/…17.html

Vagabonda

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

Vagabonda, we hope to spend a few days on the islands in mid October, and I am wondering whether the inter-island ferries are still running then? The minimum stay is 3 days, as only the overnight ferry from Naples is still operating. Would you recommend staying on Stromboli or on Lipari? And, after one has climbed Stromboli, what are the other highlights that you would recommend?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
5. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

Welcome to Sicily RachelAussie!

Yes, the Siremar ferries and hydrofoils, as well as the Ustica Lines hydrofoils would operate on the winter schedules. Allocate extra days in the event of suspended service due t inclement weather, high winds, or rough seas.

Lipari is the more optimal base outside peak season.

Aeolian Islands - Best 7 (things to do) in 7Days:

tripadvisor.com/…40861233

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 68
6. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

Ciao Vagabonda! Here I am again! How have you been? I'm fine, after my 3-week tour in India!

I'm back here! I mean, GOING back to Sicily next June! Besides the tours on the main Island, I'm thinking of going to Stromboli, First I thought I would stay one night on Stromboli Island and then one in Lipari. But I've bee reading that people stay in Lipari and go on short tours to Stromboli-Panarea, which might be quite interesting. I think that, for me, probably one night in Lipari, with a short tour to Panarea and then one full day in Stromboli or even 2 nights there. I saw several trips around the island and all.

I also say that besides the aliscafo from Milazzo, there are also boats leaving from Messina, which is more convenient for me. on my way back I'm supposed to be in Palermo. What do you reckon? The boat fares are terribly expensive :( Ouch!

Grazie, cara.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
7. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

Salve Nalini_1, welcome back, and glad to hear you are well! Thank you - All is well here!

You could divide your time between Stromboli and Lipari, or base in Lipari and take a boat excursion to Stromboli if you don't want to change hotels.

If you were to divide your time between the two islands, you might spend the day in Stromboli after your night on Stromboli, but then arrive on Lipari to spend the night, thus positioning for the next day on Lipari.

Milazzo is the preferred port for the Aeolians, but there is Ustica Lines hydrofoil service from Messina as well, and usually around 10 June, the schedules revert to the summer schedules with more frequent crossing, and even direct service between the Aeolians and Palermo, although lately only one daily crossing.

Ciao -

Vagabonda

Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 68
8. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

Sabbinirica Vagabonda! Glad to hear your are OK.

Thanks for your advice. I'll see if I can stay in Stromboli and take the day tour to Lipari or so or the other way round :)

Going to check the Ustica Lines. It takes the WHOLE day to go from Messina to Milazzo, then from Milazzo to Stromboli. :( I cannot miss Messina 'cause I have dear friends there.

Grazzii assai.

In meantime, I take the opportunity to wish you and your beloved ones a Bon Natali e filici annu novu!

Nalini

9. Re: Stromboli from Lipari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 18, 2014