We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selva di Val Gardena to south of Padova ( Este )

Which Selva di Val Gardena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ferndale, WA
reviews: 5
Selva di Val Gardena to south of Padova ( Este )

In June I will want to travel from Selva to Este but preferably by backroads. I'm looking at Rt. 563 to and/or Rt. 203 south to Sedico. From there southwest on Rt. 50 to Feltre and then south on Rt.348to Rt.667etc toward Padova. Any suggestions for alternate routes or for time in transit on my route. Thanks alot. Roger

munich
reviews: 38
1. Re: Selva di Val Gardena to south of Padova ( Este )

the route you've appeared to described is nothing unusual just your choice of "numbers" - Rt xxxx doesn't always tie up. The roads are "SS" or "SR" or "SP"

The only one that doesn't seem to tie up is "563".

The roads out of Selva are the SS242 towards Canazei then the SR48 towards Arabba then Andraz which then becomes the SR203 to Lago di Alleghe - Agordo - Sedico

Assume you mean that route

Part of your route (past Agordo towards Sedico -actually goes to Belluno) is actually used by the local bus service in the summer

Nice enough drive to take especially taking in Lago di Alleghe

If you want something slightly different you can drive from Selva to Penia (just past Canazei) then over the old road to Lago Fedaia then on to Pian de Lobbia - Malga Ciapela rejoining your SR203 route at Caprile. Unfortunately not many places to park along this road to the lake and because of its sightseeing popularity you might encounter the odd coach.

Ferndale, WA
reviews: 5
2. Re: Selva di Val Gardena to south of Padova ( Este )

Thanks so much for your response and making me aware of the different designations for roads. In the USA we tend to call most all roads Route ..., such as Route 5 or Route 66 etc. I am intrigued by your suggestion of taking the old road from Canasei (Penia) to Caprile. We will be spending 2 nights in Selva di Val Gardena. The first day we will travel the 4 pass loop of Gardena, Campolongo, Pordoi and Sella with an out and back to Falzarego.When we leave on the second day on our way to Este we will have to chose between repeating Passo di Gardena (which I understand is the best of the four) or taking the "old road" past Lago Fedaia. I very much appreciate your time and thought in answering my request. Roger

3. Re: Selva di Val Gardena to south of Padova ( Este )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 17, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Selva di Val Gardena