We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Which Selva di Val Gardena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough
reviews: 63
Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

We are going to Selva in the summer and will be staying at the Aaritz on a bed and breakfast basis. Could anyone please suggest some nice places to eat out? We like pizza and pasta but would also like to try some of the local specialities. Also as we are celebrating our wedding anniversary whilst we are there we would like to try somewhere a bit special on that evening.

Thanks - Ann B.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
reviews: 6
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Hi Ann, congratulations on your anniversary!

There are lots of lovely restaurants in the area, and nearly all are excellent.

For pizza you could try Rino's, Sun Valley or La Bula, which are all within a 3-5 minute walk from the Aaritz. These all do other food too. The only place I'd avoid for pizza is the "Ciampinoi" pizzeria

For something more typical of the area, the Speckkeller is well known for its South Tyrolean food, and it's about 8 minutes from the Aaritz. The Laurinkeller has a lovely restaurant, but I'm not sure whether it is open this summer, as they were doing building work last time I looked

A short way out of town, but walkable in about 15 minutes if you're feeling energetic is the restaurant L'Medel. It was well known before as a great pizzeria/steak restaurant, but this winter reopened as a "Gourmet" restaurant. Haven't been there, but reports are positive (it is pricey though).

That's just a few of the options for Selva, then there's S.Cristina and Ortisei!

Anniston, Alabama
reviews: 8
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Don't miss sampling the chocolates & grappa at the sweet shoppe next to the Hotel Antares

Yorkshire Dales...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Hi Ann, Thanks for posting this question. We also going to Selva in August and wanted the same imformation.We have been told(by family) that the COMICI REFUGE HUT is very good( that is if you like walking!) It`s on Mont de Seura, you can take the two chair lifts from Santa Cristina to reach it, with a walk across the top. thanks again. enjoy!! iandj

hannover
reviews: 2
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Hello Ann

For a special evening, book a table in the Antica Osteria Traube in Ortisei, the historic restaurant in the Dolomites. There can you find a high quality gourmet cuisine with acceptable prices. ;-)

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 42
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Yes---thank you for posting, ann. We will use these recommendations as well.

Caernarfon, United...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Hello,

I hope I'm not too late with this - I just wanted to add that there's a lovely new restaurant called the Pra Valentini, which is like a little wendy house. It's open during the day and in the evening and the food and service are really good. We spent a lot of time sitting on the terrace in the sun

Middlesbrough
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Not too late - we go on Wednesday. Thanks for all of the recommendations. I will hopefully be able to pass on a few tips of my own when we get back!

Ann

Middlesbrough
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

Just back from Italy and want to thank folks for their suggestions re eating out in Selva. We tried most of the recommendations with the exception of Pra Valentini (shut on the evening we went) and Medel which looked wonderful albeit rather expensive when we passed in the day time. After very long days on our feet we could not muster the energy to wander that far on an evening. We had the house special pizza in Rinos which contained every topping imaginable (vegetables, fish and meat plus a poached egg in the centre). It sounds rather an odd combination but it was lovely. I enjoyed a nice tuna & egg salad followed by home made ravioli in La Bula (need to book) though my husband found his Wiener Schnitzel and fries too heavily salted. We did tend to find in general that more salt was added than we are used to. We enjoyed the Laurinkeller which does a nice salad buffet for starter. I then had a very tasty pork dish in a cream sauce. This restaurant had a lovely atmosphere and was good value. It was the only one we went back to. The Speckkeller was Ok - good starter though I was unimpressed with the goulash and polenta for main course (goulash too salty & polenta tasteless) Sun Valley was also OK but the prawns in my seafood pasta were very chewy. The one restaurant we visited without recommendation was dire. It is called Costabella and is next door to La Bula. It was a bit like Fawlty Towers! First the bottled water was luke warm then the wine I ordered (a rose) was unavailable so the waitress brought the equivalent label in a red! The next three wines requested they also did not have. The bottle we ended up with was the worst we had all week and at 17 euros 50 not exactly cheap. (We'd had litres of great house wines in all other restaurants for between 10 and 13 euros) In fairness the soup we had was tasty but the bavette my husband requested was unavailable so they brought spaghetti instead. He described it as worse than that a supermarket tin - the sauce was a congealed mass on the bottom. My risotto was simply ghastly and contained so much salt that it was impossible to taste the mushrooms.

Definitely one to avoid I would suggest!

All in all we found eating out very expensive partly due to the exchange rate. We were glad that in our second resort (Merano) we had chosen to go half board and enjoyed exquisite 5 course dinners without having to consider the cost.

9. Re: Restaurant recommendations in selva val gardena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Selva di Val Gardena