We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piero della Francesca

Which Sansepolcro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
Piero della Francesca

An interesting side-story if touring the frescoes....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16306893

Be sure to check the details, but there's a route suggestion here...

…wordpress.com/2009/…

Peter

7 replies to this topic
Florence, Italy
1. Re: Piero della Francesca

The "greatest picture in the world" (Aldous Huxley) can be seen at the wonderful Museo Civico di Sansepolcro, along with many other of Piero della Francesca's works such as the polyptych "Madonna della Misericordia" and "San Giuliano"!

Florence Italy
2. Re: Piero della Francesca

Thank you, Peter, for posting the link.

Isola d'Ischia...
3. Re: Piero della Francesca

But 18 months ago...

Sadly the second link is no longer working (hint, hint!)

Peter

San Diego...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Piero della Francesca

Fellow travelers,

As my wife and I are in Tuscany only 4 nights, would you consider the towns of the Casentino Hllls a worth a day's tour?

We have toured south from Siena to Montepulciano; west as far as Lucca and driven the Chianti roads. We will use a tour company for the tour.

Opinions? Good Experiences? Not so good?

Sincerely,

Markettime-San Diego

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 17
5. Re: Piero della Francesca

Wow. Talk about a perfect example of when NOT to piggyback on an existing thread. MarketTime, you should start a new one since your question is about as off-topic as possible.

San Jose, California
6. Re: Piero della Francesca

MarketTime,

Yes, worth a day's tour. You were mentioning before stopping in Sansepolcro and I had suggested adding Monterchi and Arezzo - that would make for a full day. However, if you have yet another day, you could add on Citta di Castello, Anghiari, and possibly head all the way up to Chiusi della Verna to see La Verna, the sanctuary of St. Francis and where he received his stigmata. A stunningly beautiful and quite peaceful place.

In Anghiari, you can visit Busaatti Linens and tour their "factory". http://www.busatti.com

They make incredibly beautiful things. At the very top of Anghiari, there is a small shop of various art pieces. , in there sits a woman you can watch making lace. For lunch, go to one of my favorites (unless it is a Tuesday, they are closed) - Da Alighiero

San Jose, California
7. Re: Piero della Francesca

Oh, just saw your note that you are doing with a tour company. What is their Itinerary?

Reply to: Piero della Francesca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sansepolcro