We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help! First tine in San Vincenzo

Which San Vincenzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 17
Need help! First tine in San Vincenzo

Hi all, I am planning a family trip to Italy for this summe (3 kids ages 13,16, 20) for in July/August. I would like to stay in S.Vincenzo; but i am very open to stay in other towns/places along the coast within the driving range to Florence, Rome, and Pisa. We stay for about ten days...I have been the Tuscany region last spring with my girlfriends and we loved everything about the region...This time around, i like to combine some sightseeing with some relaxation on the coast,

I have a few questions to ask and hope you all could comment:

1-Is S.Vincenzo a good central location to stay?

2-Is Villa Denia a nice B&B? Or, do you have any suggestions for any reasonable hotel around the area?

3-What are some of the best sightseeings given our fairly short stay?

4-Any itenary suggestions are mostly welcome!

Thanks all!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
1. Re: Need help! First tine in San Vincenzo

I don't personally know San Vincenzo as I am not a great fan of Italian beach holidays, so I can't comment on the place itself. As for the location, obviously it is good for visiting other places along that coast, perhaps a trip to Elba Island. You could drive or catch a train to Pisa easily enough, but it is not well placed for visiting Siena or Florence both being over 2 hours drive away and of course you do not want to drive to Florence anyway because of the ZTL (which Pisa and Siena both also have although it is easier to avoid). Rome is even further at around 4 hours drive, so much too far to take a day trip.

As I say, I don't know the resort, but if you are there in August, it will be very very busy and don't forget to factor in the cost of using the beaches as this can add considerably to the overall cost of your holiday.

cork
reviews: 2
2. Re: Need help! First tine in San Vincenzo

Hiya,

I am looking for some information myself on the same area and I just stumbled on your questions. I am also travelling in July with my 2 children and have done a lot of research on different accommodations tonight and I have found a lovely campsite with mobile homes on the Thompson L fresco website and this seems much cheaper than most hotels and it has fsb facilities for the kids so I don't know if a mobile home is your thing but I just thought I would mention it to you.

Enjoy your Hols!

cork
3. Re: Need help! First tine in San Vincenzo

buddyCork

cork

2. Re: Need help! First tine in San Vincenzo

Jan 20, 2013, 4:23 PM

Hiya,

I am looking for some information myself on the same area and I just stumbled on your questions. I am also travelling in July with my 2 children and have done a lot of research on different accommodations tonight and I have found a lovely campsite with mobile homes on the Thompson L fresco website and this seems much cheaper than most hotels and it has fsb facilities for the kids so I don't know if a mobile home is your thing but I just thought I would mention it to you.

Enjoy your Hols!

ReplyEdit

Report inappropriate content

Save this Post

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 71
4. Re: Need help! First tine in San Vincenzo

Hi! I stayed at Parc Albatross which is about 5 miles outside S Vincenzo. You can book with some of the UK based camping companies which own and rent mobile homes on the site. These would be Keycamp, Eurocamp, Canvas Holidays amongst others. The campsite itself is part of the ECV chain which owns Norcenni Girasole in Figline Valdarno about 12 miles from Florence. with the UK companies, it is possible to split your holiday and stay in the mobile home on one site and then transfer to the other. From Figline Valdano you can commute into Florence by train. There is a station close to Albatross which has a train to Rome.

S Vincenzo town wasn't particularly impressive in my opinion, we went up into the hills and found little villages for coffee. The beach is close by and good for lazing on. There is a naturist area and a textile area. Figline Valdarno was the better area for visits to Sienna, Assisi, Florence and the Chianti wine area.

5. Re: Need help! First tine in San Vincenzo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Vincenzo