We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riva to Verona opera

Which Riva Del Garda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, England
reviews: 42
Riva to Verona opera

I've read some old posts but am still confused about how to get from Riva to Verona for the opera on a Thurs in late July. I can see buses that end at Malcesine and others that leave earlier than the opera finishes. I also see that some say to book a bus via a local travel agent, but I'm reluctant to book opera tickets online in advance in case I then find there are no buses.

My priorities are to make the trip quickly and comfortably, rather than worrying too much about doing it as cheaply as possible.

Any help much appreciated

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
reviews: 13
1. Re: Riva to Verona opera

Hi, the regular buses stop running before the opera finishes but there is a special bus from Verona back to the lake which leaves 30 minutes after the end of the performance. It has to be booked in advance and only goes as far as Malcesine. From Malcesine back to Riva you would have to take a taxi.

…verona.it/flex/…

The easiest way from Riva is to book with a company like Europlan. They will pick you up from Riva, take you to Verona by coach in plenty time before the performance, and bring you back to Riva at the end of the evening. The coach will have other pick-up and drop-off points down the east side of the lake on the way to and from Verona.

You can book directly with them or ask your hotel to do it on your behalf.

europlan.it/en/…arena-di-verona.php

Edited: 6:52 pm, February 14, 2014
Cheshire, England
reviews: 42
2. Re: Riva to Verona opera

Thanks so much for your post. Europlan site doesn't seem to be up and running yet for opera excursions for 2014 so I'll keep checking it and book when it does.

Much appreciated!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
reviews: 13
3. Re: Riva to Verona opera

One piece of advice about buying opera tickets is not to spend more than you can afford to lose.

The Arena is open to the elements. In bad weather the show is not cancelled before the start time but can be delayed up to 150 minutes before being cancelled. In those circumstances you will get a full refund.

However, if the performance has already started and is then abandoned because of the weather, you will not get any money back but you may be able to go to another performance.

See Part II:

arena.it/en-US/information/spectators.html…

4. Re: Riva to Verona opera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Riva Del Garda