We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature in evenings in September

Which Riva Del Garda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 16
Temperature in evenings in September

Hi,

I am accompanying my elderly parents on holiday to Riva this Saturday for a week and could I ask what the weather is like in the evenings. ( Mum not sure how to pack). Are cardigans/shawls enough?

Also we are staying in the Savoy Palace....are there any supermarkets near the hotel to pick up a few essentials ( mini market?)

Many thanks

Lily

munich
reviews: 38
1. Re: Temperature in evenings in September

The weather at Lake Garda is unpredictable at the best of times. The North, around Riva, even more so. The north end of the lakes weather is influenced by the prevailing Alpine weather to a lesser or greater degree. Generally I only trust the weather forecast for about 2 days ahead.

However the weather forecast from Saturday at Riva ( www.ilmeteo.it )shows very warm day time temps (up to 30C) with night times (say up to 2300) down to 20C. Chance of light rain Monday evening. Generally fine the entire week.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
reviews: 12
2. Re: Temperature in evenings in September

Hi, I often go to Lake Garda in September and always pack a lightweight rain jacket and an umbrella as well as a cardigan/sweater (or two). The mornings and evenings can be quite cool.

Riva is quite breezy at the best of times so it's better to have clothes that can be layered.

If you are planning to go on an excursion to the Dolomites then warm clothes will be necessary. The last time I went to the Dolomites was the month of September and there was fresh snow! (Back at the lake it was 26 degrees....)

Even if you just go up in the cable car at Malcesine you may need a jacket.

I stayed at the Savoy Palace a few years ago. I can't remember where the mini market was but there must have been one nearby as we bought bottled water etc.

The Savoy Palace is quite a long walk from the historic centre of Riva. Be prepared to use buses if your parents find the walk quite tiring.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 16
3. Re: Temperature in evenings in September

Many thanks for your help guys.

4. Re: Temperature in evenings in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 20, 2012