We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Rieti

Which Rieti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 1
Travelling to Rieti

Hello,

I am flying into Fiumicino Airport and need to make my way to Rieti. I haven't really got a time limit, but would prefer the quickest trip. I've had a look at different modes of transport but cant get my head around what would be the easiest and quickest routes. Can anyone recommend a train/bus combo for doing this trip? Its my first overseas stop and I'm a bit nervous too, especially considering I don't speak the language! Any help is much appreciated.

1 reply
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: Travelling to Rieti

Why not just stick to the one form of transport to make life easier?

Your train ticket to Rieti can be bought on arrival at Fiumicino Airport train station, so you do not have to worry about booking in advance and whether your plane is going to arrive in time. Journey times are from 2.5 hours, with two changes of train.

www.trenitalia.com will show you the options you can expect to have from 'Fiumicino Aeroporto' to 'Rieti', but you must use a date this week to see all fares as most journeys are entirely by Regional trains , which have no reserved seats so cannot sell out and have no advance purchase reductions. The ticket for these journeys costs €16.20 - it is not sold online more than one week in advance and should anyway be bought in Italy.

A few connections use InterCity trains with reserved seats between Rome and Terni at twice the price, and these will virtually certainly also be available for purchase on your arrival at Fiumicino.

Reply to: Travelling to Rieti
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rieti