We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Reception advice

Which Ravello hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
HELP! Reception advice

We are getting married in Ravello Town Hall in June 2010 and our first choice of venue is booked!

We would really REALLY appreciate any advice anyone can give on where to go now in search of our venue.

We are looking to have a meal for 10-14 people on a terrace (weather permitting!) As we are having a small number of guests travelling with us, we do not want to have to hire a large area/entire venue. Do not mind other diners in the restaurant, but a private terrace would be a big plus.

London, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: HELP! Reception advice

I imagine you were trying to have dinner at Mama Agatas?

Have you tried Villa Maria? They have a lovely terrace and good food. I am sure they will be able to provide the whole terrace for you?

If not - then the more exclusive resorts, Villa Cimbrone/Palasso/Caruso all have terraces too. And amazing views.

Hotel Parsifal also has a lovely terrace.

Co. Durham, England
reviews: 1
2. Re: HELP! Reception advice

You really must try Hotel Parsifal, a beautiful small hotel which is a former monastery. They have the most wonderful terrace with stunning views over the Amalfi Coast. Antonio will be only too happy to help and they are delightful.

uk
reviews: 3
3. Re: HELP! Reception advice

Hello

Im getting married next year aswell in Ravello. My father is from the Amalfi Coast so I know the area well. I would recommend Villa Maria for the amount of people. I ate there last week and the food is superb!!!!

Essex
4. Re: HELP! Reception advice

Thanks for all the tips - glad to say we have now booked our reception venue, which seems ideal.

Now on to organising the honeymoon! As we will already have been in Ravello for a few days before the wedding, we are thinking of going on to somewhere a bit busier, ideally on the coast, but staying relatively nearby for a few days - would Sorrento be a good choice? Any hotel recommendations, close to the centre would be appreciated (nice hotel 4/5 star with views)

UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
reviews: 5
5. Re: HELP! Reception advice

La Minervetta boutique hotel in Sorrento seems a favourite with honeymoon couples.

http://www.laminervetta.com/index_ing.htm

Also in Sorrento there is the 5* Excelsior Vittoria which can be pretty special if you book one of their superior rooms or a suite.

www.lhw.com/property.aspx…

UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
reviews: 5
6. Re: HELP! Reception advice

PS - TA reviews for the Excelsior Vittoria

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187782-d2289…

uk
reviews: 3
7. Re: HELP! Reception advice

Sorrento is ok yes but another idea might be Capri?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 26
8. Re: HELP! Reception advice

Stay at the Palazzo Sasso for a few nights if you can. I can't say enough good things about it.

9. Re: HELP! Reception advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 30, 2010