We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about directions from Modica to Ragusa Ibla

Which Ragusa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coulsdon, Surrey
Level Contributor
33 posts
135 reviews
Confused about directions from Modica to Ragusa Ibla

I understand that driving from Modica to Ragusa Ibla we should take the SS115, but when I look at Google Maps, it shows a fork with the SS115 and the SS194. The SS194 then seems to become the SS115 again, before returning to the SS194 as it skirts Ragusa Ibla and heads north. My paper map only shows the SS115 heading north-west from the fork with the SS194. We'll be trying to park in the Piazza della Republica, so should we take the 194 and then the right turn towards Ragusa Ibla called Via Risorgimento?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
79,370 posts
1. Re: Confused about directions from Modica to Ragusa Ibla

Take the SS115.

Get a detailed route from ViaMichelin.

http://www.viamichelin.it/

Enter Modica, and Piazza della Republica, Ragusa.

Vagabonda

modica
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Confused about directions from Modica to Ragusa Ibla

Yes, this confuses lots of people. The easiest way is to leave Modica going up Corso Umberto and following the road past the cemetery to the big roundabout. Go straight over following the brown signs SS115 to Ragusa Ibla and follow this road. Ignore the SS194. Turning the corner by the hospital you will see Ibla open up before you. Turn right down into Ibla. There is no parking in Piazza della Repubblica in Ragusa Ibla, you will have to park below the town in the new car park, so as you go down the road into Ibla, follow the curve to the right and park in the car park on the left. Going up the steps takes you into Piazza della Repubblica.

Coulsdon, Surrey
Level Contributor
33 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Confused about directions from Modica to Ragusa Ibla

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Could you also advise me where we could park in Modica? My guide book suggests Corso Garibaldi off Corso Umberto I. We are nervous of narrow streets so prefer to park somewhere and walk.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
79,370 posts
4. Re: Confused about directions from Modica to Ragusa Ibla

You would see signs for Ragusa, Ragusa Ibla, and parking.

In Modica, you would find parking on Medaglie d'Oro, and also at the far end of Corso Umberto near the bus terminal.

Vagabonda

5. Re: Confused about directions from Modica to Ragusa Ibla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 20, 2015