We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The trip from Prianao to Positano or Amalfi

Which Praiano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
The trip from Prianao to Positano or Amalfi

With 5 days available to us we are considering staying in Praiano. We understand Praiano is a little off the beaten path which is fine but we don't want to sit in one place for that amount of time either.

Do most visitors who stay in Praiano spend the greater percentage of their time in Praiano or do they travel around?

I don't mind trying the hair raising roads (via bus or taxi) a time or two but if most people who stay in Praiano are back and forth to Positano or Amalfi (or elsewhere) twice a day I'd have to think twice about it. Water taxi is too expensive an option for us. Any thoughts would be appreicatedhttp://www.tripadvisor.com/NewsletterSignIn-p48-e__2F__NewTopic__2D__i2574__2D__p52__2D__a_oldgeo__2E__194867

Sign in

St. Marys, OH
reviews: 17
1. Re: The trip from Prianao to Positano or Amalfi

We've always stayed in Praiano while on the Amalfi Coast. We've used water taxis (one way) to Amalfi and then taken the bus back (1.8 Euros) We've taken the bus to Sorrento (1.8 Euros) and then the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii. There are daily excursions to Capri and your hotel can arrange for your pickup in Praiano, or you can take the bus to Positano and catch the boat to Capri from there. You can also rent scooters but we've never done that.

When we go to Praiano it's always at the end of our 3 week Itaiian journey and we often just like to go swimming, sit in the sun, read, and take some walks. We call it the vacation from our vacation.

jerryott@dtnspeed.net

Lancashire UK
reviews: 2
2. Re: The trip from Prianao to Positano or Amalfi

Hi Jerryott

I wonder if yoy could answer a couple of questions please. Is it easy to get a water taxi back from Positano/Amalfi to Praiano. How much would it cost? We have booked a villa in Priano for two weeks in September and I,m trying to get some plans together.

Many thanks

William

3. Re: The trip from Prianao to Positano or Amalfi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 13, 2009