We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from Naples to Praiano

Which Praiano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Praiano
travelling from Naples to Praiano

I'm travelling from naples airport to Praiano in August with my two children has anyone any advice on making this journey? Is public transport a good idea or am I better off getting a cab. Dont mind public transport but we will have luggage with us. If cab is the easier option aprox cost? Thanks Ani

1. Re: travelling from Naples to Praiano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:53 am, August 18, 2005
staffordshire...
reviews: 4
2. Re: travelling from Naples to Praiano

Hi Ani,

We have recently done the same trip and are doing it again in August and again in October! It is really easy. You need to go to Naples Garibaldi train station from where you get the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento. The Circumvesuviana is situated downstairs in the station and easy to find. It only costs about 3 Euros and takes approx. 1 hour. When you get off in Sorrento the bus for Praiano leaves just outside the station. You have to get your tickets from a little bar at the end of the road. The bus journey to Praiano also takes about 1 hour (spectacular scenery!) and again costs about 3 euros. The luggage is not really a problem - you put it in the luggage hold at the side of the bus like you do in a coach. The bus stops a few times in Praiano itself - you need to tell the driver exactly where you are staying and he will stop for you.

As an alternative to the above, you can get a ferry from Napoli Beverello to Amalfi. This costs 10 euros for an adult - children less I think. From Amalfi it's easy to get a bus - they are next to the ferry point - to Praiano. It's not far and costs 2 or 3 euros. Of course it depends what time your plane lands. I have a feeling the last ferry to Amalfi is about 3pm.

Since we did the trip from Rome to Naples and so on, I don't know the cost from Naples airport to Naples Garibaldi station. I expect it's quite a short journey so a cab would be the easiest option. The prices seemed to be quite reasonable.

Hope the above is helpful and have a lovely, lovely time!!

Karen

Praiano
3. Re: travelling from Naples to Praiano

Thanks Karen for all your advice, sorry Jerry but I think public transport it is! Sounds easy, although I'll have to get the phrase book out as I can't speak any Italian. still all part of the fun. Karen you must really like this aprt of Italy to visit so often! Ani