We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Naples to Positano?

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
How to get from Naples to Positano?

What are the different choices to take from Naples to Positano? I am not sure I am will ing to spend 100 Euros for a Taxi. Thanks for your suggestions

Salerno, Italia
reviews: 3
11. Re: How to get from Naples to Positano?

Dear fly2shop,

Certainly sometimes it's necessary to take the Circumvesuviana from Napoli Piazza Garibaldi to Sorrento Piazza Tasso (1 hour 15 minutes), a cab or bus to Marina Grande, and a ferry (30 minutes €6) to Positano. However, as sandrabertelle mentioned one could stay on a first class Eurostar or ICPlus Train to Salerno (one stop after Napoli thus an extra €3.92 and 30 minutes ), climb down one flight of stairs(elevator out-of-order), walk around 10-15 minutes to the pier/ferry ticket office, and take a 70 minute boat ride to Positano (€6.50 per person €1.50 for each piece of luggage).

Dear SweetPickle212,

According to the aforementioned links from the Metro Del Mare people, the ferry service from Napoli Molo Beverello to Amalfi stops on Oct 15.

As mentioned, taxi drivers at least in Salerno can be ruthlessly cunning and as mentioned it's good to negotiate a price before climbing in.

Buon Viaggio...

italy
reviews: 1
12. Re: How to get from Naples to Positano?

You can also take a sita from Naples to Salerno (about 1h ride for 3.20 euros)

And then, from Salernos touristic harbor you can take the hydrofoil ir a ferry for positano (about 9 euros, i think)

Salerno is a very nice city, you may also want to think about visiting it...

It is closer to the amalfitana coast than naples, closer to Paestum, where there are some great greek temples.

Plus it is my city!

Good Luck!

Los Angeles
13. Re: How to get from Naples to Positano?

I am happy to recommend a private driver who speaks conversational English and a tour guide who speaks and writes fluent English. Both work for Sorrento City Sight Seeing Tour Bus and arrange private drives and tours on the side. We had a wonderful experience in July 2006!

Danilo, driver - cellular phone: 39 - 338 - 840-8547

Daniela, tour guide, email: daniela_gallo@tiscali.it

Also - if you require a receipt, VAT has to be added and that is an additional 10% (which I found to be true with all the drivers I got quotes from). If you don't require a receipt, you save the VAT. And he only takes cash, which is also typical of most of the drivers. We tipped him, too.

Please let them know you read about them on TripAdvisor and that you will give them a review when you return! Ciao! Luisa

14. Re: How to get from Naples to Positano?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 19, 2009