We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 7
Car Hire

Hi I'm coming to Sorrento for my wedding, marrying in Positano, I'm thinking of hiring a car to do the Amalfi Drive and some running around, any advice greatly appreciated. Michelle

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Car Hire

What kind of advice are you seeking? Whether it is a good idea? The coastal road is a chore to drive between March and end of October, parking fees high and hard to find parking.

Check autoeurope.com for rentals; if you can't drive an automatic, try to pick up a car at a large rental car place as most cars in Italy are manuals - so, maybe you would need to pick it up at Naples airport if you need an automatic.

Texas
reviews: 70
2. Re: Car Hire

Well most British people can drive manuals (I am British despite current locale!) so I presume the OP likely can. If you are thinking of using the car for pre-wedding errands, think carefully about the parking challenge. We have not had any problem that would put us off driving the coastal road in four different Junes, and if you like to be able to stop in the laybys to see the view when you want to, that might suit you better than the bus. But between towns, we prefer to park the car and use ferries/buses (ferries far preferable for us due to crush on buses and uncertainty of schedule both due to the buses not running on time and not stopping because already full). You might think about exactly what you will be wanting to do. Have a wonderful wedding!

3. Re: Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 29, 2015