We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 5
Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

Hi all, i am trying to decide weather to hire a private speed boat for the day from Positano. It is 850 euro plus fuel and I do not know which company to go with. Has anyone had a good experience with any company on the coast? This is a lot of money for me so I do not want to just take a chance with someone. I am afraid the fuel charge will end up being $500 dollars! Please anyone who has done this reply! Thanks

Bucks County, PA
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

ciao Hubblerock...

We are leaving in 2 days for Positano to attend my best friends wedding...can't wait!

We were given a recommendation to Barbara boats by some friends who used them just last month. They took one of their boats out for the day- along the coast into some great spots and to Capri. Total cost was approx $900 euros plus tip. But..that was for one of their larger boats...as I understand, they have all sizes. The said Barbara and Antonio were their captain and first mate and they were wonderful! Stopped along the way and Antonio dove for sea scallops and they ate them right there; also had some other nice treats for them as well.

So....check them out. The web site is http://www.barbarapositano.it/servizi_eng.htm

Tell them you were recommended by Allison/Jay and Barb/Chuck (although , i think they thought both they guys were named tony....)

Have a great trip!

california
2. Re: Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

HI, thanks for the info. i have already contacted barbara and waiting for a response. your friends paid 900 euro? there is one place caprtimetours, for 700 euro you get a small speedboat. what hotel are you staying at? i did not want to have to spend over a thousand dollars for a boat trip but i think that's what we are looking at. i hope you have a wonderful time and post info when you get back.

ciao

Bucks County, PA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

NO problem..

I think the reason it was 900E was that it was their largest boat..they said it could definitely have held 8-10 people. THey didnt pay extra for fuel. If you look on the web site, they have a variety of boat sizes.

Is it just two of you?

Also, they had Barbara take them to Capri and wait..they were out ALL day. It would have been cheaper to use Barbar for a shorter amount of time just along the coast and to have taken the hydrofoil to Capri....

We are staying at the Marincanto. We are attending the wedding of my best friend in Ravello at Villa Cimbrone, so we're using Positano as home base and touring around from there.

tomorrow we leave....so excited! When is your trip!

have a great time and I"ll post a trip report upon our return. This site has been fantastic for restaurant tips,etc....thanks for all who post!

ciao!

california
4. Re: Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

thank you for responding again and you gave me a great idea! I might as well just take a regular tour boat from Positano to Capri on a different day and just do a day tour with Barbara on the Amalfi coast. save time and money.

have the most wonderful time at the wedding and in Positano. Plz report on all your findings when you return.

Be safe. Regards, Shelley

Dublin Ireland
5. Re: Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

Hi

We are getting married in the cathedral in Positano with reception in Villa Cimbrone Ravello in June 2007

We would love to arrange a boat trip for our guests, there will be approx 50 people not sure if all of them would be keen to go. Is there boats available to accommodate 20-30 people ?? Any idea how much this would cost ?? Also any idea what to do for 3 hours between ceremony in Positano and reception in Ravello ?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated !!

Bluiii's ............. what did you think of Villa Cimbrone ???

Amalfi Coast
6. Re: Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

Hi all,

I work in a hotel on the Amalfi Coast and I can tell that these prices are a bit high.

Sure, it also depends on the number of the people.

If you need help with quotes and rates, please contact me at evvivatelecozz@tin.it .

Ciao,

Emiliano.

7. Re: Hired a private speed boat for the day to cruise Amalfi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 15, 2009