We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano "must-try" restaurants

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 19
Positano "must-try" restaurants

Hi!

My husband and I are traveling to Positano in a few weeks and are wanting recommendations for some great authentic Italian restaurants in the area. The two hotels we are staying in are Hotel Eden Roc and Hotel Marincanto.

Thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
1. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

Have you looked over the numerous threads on this exact question in the Positano forum? This is frequently asked and answered and there are a lot of good recommendations if you look at the threads.

dallas
reviews: 7
2. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

we are headed there is a month so am only relaying from research and not experience

I would definitely recommend Da Adolfo - either just for lunch or to make a day out of it hanging on their private beach

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g194863-d1…

for dinner we are very much looking forward to Next2 - it also gets good reviews at chowhound

our other dinners planned at least are at our hotel (Il San Pietro di Positano) and at La Sirenuse. We don't have the time I don't think but Ristorante Max is supposed to be a cool atmosphere and a good restaurant.

not sure of your plans but if you are considering chartering a boat you may want to consider Lo Scoglio..............it is one of the meals I am most looking forward to on the entire trip

fathomaway.com/photostory/…

Happy eating!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 96
3. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

Hi Halo - it depends on your budget - if the sky is the limit then you're spoilt for choice in Positano. If you want to experience a friendly, family-run restaurant which makes incredible pizza and insalata caprese then try Saraceno D'Oro which is high up on Viale Pasitea but well worth the walk.

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g194863…

New York
reviews: 28
4. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

Also on Via Pasitea is Ristorante Mediterraneo which is one of my favorites.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

Been to Positano many times.

Restorante Mediteraneo is delightful and fun with great food. It also is a gallery. American Artist Pat Gainor has some of her work there. Ask to see it.

Art e Vino is next door. A wide selection of terrifc Italian wines. Both restaurant and art e vino owned by Enzo. He is very much into art, wine and his terrific local restaurant.

Enjoy.

Long Valley, New...
reviews: 22
6. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

You will love Marincanto - was there just there for 3 nights with my family in April. Do consider getting free shuttles to Da Costantino up the hill from Positano (we had an outstanding lunch there our first day), and then also free shuttles up to both La Tagliata and Il Rotrovo, both further up in Montepertuso (we had great dinners at both restaurants). In Positano, we also enjoyed dinner down by the beach at Le Tre Sorrelle. Enjoy!

reviews: 32
7. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

We are going back to Positano for the sixth time in a week. We love Saraceno D'Oro on Via Pasitea, but also Lo Guarracino, which is on the flower-lined walkway to Fornillo Beach. Go there for the great pizzza, homemade pastas, and amazing straight-on water views! BTW, took a repeat visit to Il Ritrovo last summer, and didn't think it was worth the trip to Montepertuso. We were quite rushed through dinner, and food was not nearly as good as at Saraceno d'Oro or Lo Guarracino. Have fun!

San Diego...
reviews: 19
8. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

Thanks so much for all the replies!! :)

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
9. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

Our first and last meals in Positano are always at Le Tre Sorelle. Their grilled seafood was fantastic and the people-watching is great!

As mentioned by David, lunch at Da Adolfo is also a "must" for us.

10. Re: Positano "must-try" restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 05, 2014