We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a private driver in naples

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
reviews: 2
Hiring a private driver in naples

Will go from Rome to Naples next year, can anyone advise on how to hire a private driver to take us to Positano?

Sorrento
reviews: 12
1. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

Just contact some car agency to get a good deal.

I used Transferelax and I always was happy. You find them at info@transferelax.com, but my suggestion is to enquire more than one agency

sydney
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

thank you:)

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
3. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

This thread contains quite a few to get quotes:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k5184…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 93
4. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

This is a company I always use www.worldtours.it - very competitive and great drivers.

New York
reviews: 28
5. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

I've been using www.guemartravel.com and highly recommend them.

Rome to Positano will be very expensive. You might want to consider the high speed train from Rome to Naples (only 70 minutes) and have the driver meet you at the station.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
6. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

Expect the price Rome to Positano to be about 380 euros (it is round trip for the car service); the ride will take 3.5 to 4 hours. I too use Guemar (have done so for 8 times, always very good) - I would go with the train to Naples and have a car pick you up and drive you to Positano - that will run around 100 euros or so. But, faster than driving all the way from Rome - which is not a very interesting drive in any case. The train to Naples is licketly split - just 70 minutes; fast and comfy, no stops.

dallas
reviews: 7
7. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

train however involves two train stations and dealing with your luggage...................we opted for door to door..............and a stop at Pompei along the way :)

New York
reviews: 28
8. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

Well perhaps you need to bring less luggage :)

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
reviews: 78
9. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

Looks like many have offered up drivers they have used, I'll just add my two cents as well. I've used Tour of Italy every time I've been back to the area and love them. Email Giancarlo at info@tourofitaly.com and he will respond quickly and offer a competitive price for the service. Here's their website if you'd like to take a look at their services:

http://www.tourofitaly.com/

Enjoy your stay there and I'm completely with you on opting for door to door drop off/pick up rather than hassling with luggage and trains and buses. You pay more with a private driver, but it's so worth it.

10. Re: Hiring a private driver in naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 28, 2014