We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to have a luxury stay

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
near Melbourne...
Where to have a luxury stay

Hi, just would love some feedback re which hotel/ accommodation to stay at.

My husband and i are having a nice break- both in our 50's and would love to stay somewhere a bit special for a few days. Prob best if its walking distance to restaurants and village but would love a view and would love to be a bit spoilt ( its an anniversary)

We are going over in September. Thanks!

43 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 91
31. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

You didn't complain - you were actually abusive - there is a difference. And nowhere did I say anyone MUST visit Pompeii. Sigh.

Both you and Enigma are missing the point as well. Many first time travellers believe panoramic views = luxury hotels and their exorbitant price tags. Read the OP's original post - one of their requests was for views - hence my observation.

Edited: 4:39 pm, June 26, 2013
32. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, June 28, 2013
Edited: 9:35 am, June 28, 2013

33. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, June 27, 2013

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
34. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

Miriam, I thought you were doing quite well in this discussion before you made your "stuck up" comment :-(.

Now, regarding perspectives & choices and in order to keep this as objective as possible. I got curious and checked out photos of the place Kathy mentioned.

How can the views be identical if one place is located in town and doesn't give you a full view on the town of Positano itself and the other one does, because it's situated outside of it? Not to mention that two properties are located on opposite sides and are essentially facing each other. And really, I'm not arguing one vs the other, I think the other doesn't need any advertisement to begin with. I just want to make sure there are no misleading suggestions here. For example, it is a well known fact that Eden Roc & Marincanto will have views identical to Le Sirenuse, but your comparison is a "just a bit" inaccurate, though the views are still nice :-).

Hope this doesn't spiral down any further into "You're stuck up because you choose an expensive place" vs "You should only choose an expensive place", because I doubt this was OP's intent. Ugh.

dallas
reviews: 7
35. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

please...................your and kathy's tone was fairly obvious

I didn't object to others opining on hotels that are not luxury - I objected to what was an incredibly ridiculous post inside this thread

this isn't semantics - luxury is luxury - ie four seasons, mandarin, peninsula and usually ritz carlton - we don't refer to very nice hotels as luxury while they still may be very nice...............on the murat's and the eden roc's own web sites they carry four stars - which is exactly what they are

as I have said all along - there are two luxury hotels in positano - period

and again for the record while I do expect good service we are going there for all the reasons enigma has pointed out - quality, atmosphere, food and beverage, solitude, views, private beach etc........I don't want nor do I expect to have folks "fawning" over me

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 11
36. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

I'm guessing - hoping anyway - that the OP has already made a decision as their last post was 20 days ago and it is getting late for booking for September.

New York
reviews: 28
37. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

They probably figured with all this bickering going on they better stay away from Positano and saw fit to stay elsewhere :)

38. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

Removed on: 11:35 am, June 27, 2013

new jersey
reviews: 1
39. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

Hotel Le Agavi?? Anybody know anything about this hotel? We booked recently and this was the highest rated available. Thoughts? Also as we too are looking for luxury but also hip cool scene, any restaurant suggestions?

Thank you.

central, NJ
reviews: 1
40. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

I am curious as to where Miriam Lisa stayed... can you please share. I am a huge fan of Marincanto and it is already booked for my stay next year. Looking for a comparable option and finding them to be very pricey. Thanks

Reply to: Where to have a luxury stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted