We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to have a luxury stay

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
near Melbourne...
Where to have a luxury stay

Hi, just would love some feedback re which hotel/ accommodation to stay at.

My husband and i are having a nice break- both in our 50's and would love to stay somewhere a bit special for a few days. Prob best if its walking distance to restaurants and village but would love a view and would love to be a bit spoilt ( its an anniversary)

We are going over in September. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 137
1. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

Hi Sharyn - I've never stayed there as it's way beyond my budget but I've heard Eden Roc is pretty special. Am sure many others will have suggestions for you.

You could also try www.venere.com, have a browse and return with some names so people on here can offer opinions.

near Melbourne...
2. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

Thanks Kathy.. Will look it up!

cheers

New York City, New...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

Le Sirenuse - http://www.sirenuse.it

Il San Pietro - http://www.ilsanpietro.it/english.htm

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 5
4. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

I would second MomCat1992's choice. Le Sirenuse is in the heart of town and San Pietro is outside town but has a private bus service for clients.

There is also Palazzo Murat http://www.palazzomurat.it/ also in the very heart of town.

All three are luxury hotels.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 13
5. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

A third vote for Il San Pietro. Just amazing.

Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 18
6. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

We are currently staying at villa Fiorentino in positano, it is very grand,the unit we are in is sogno d'amore,just daily maid service and self catering, we love it, the view from the huge balcony is amazing. 94 steps from the street to our room but worth the climb. www.villafiorentino.com

dallas
reviews: 7
7. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

there are only two luxury hotels in positano as momcat points out

we are staying at isp..............but I hear the positives of la sirenuse (we are dining there our last night)

for us it was privacy during the crazy summer season, a private beach which was a HUGE plus for us, and not caring about walking the town (I have a bad hip).............and also note isp has a comp shuttle that drops you to the town's footsteps so unless that evening stroll is important I don't necessarily buy the argument isp is a poor location

good luck!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
8. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

^^^

There is never an argument about ISP's location, because it's literally (take it from someone who stays there every summer past 7 years) a 5 minute car ride to La Sponda stop :-).

Edited: 9:26 pm, June 06, 2013
Geelong
reviews: 19
9. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

Well that depends on whether you like to pop outside your door for a coffee, or bit of shopping, or just soaking up the ambience of the town life. And if you are like me, you might wantt to do that 2 or 3 times a day, dropping back to your room frequently. If that appeals, stay in town, and Le Sirenuse ticks all boxes. It's a great location. On the other hand, ISP, in a remote, but not too far away, location, might suit your needs. I'm sure the answer will be clear when you have researched all options.

italy
reviews: 1
10. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

Ciao,

If you're looking for a luxury resort on Positano sea, you could check the new hotel "Villa Tre Ville" (only 12 rooms)...it's just a dream with amazing gardens, romantic restaurants, private beach and free boat shuttle to main beach in Positano.

www.villatreville.it/