We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in/near Positano with toddler (3 year old)?

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton, New...
reviews: 8
Hiking in/near Positano with toddler (3 year old)?

I will be spending two days in Positano in the end of the month with my husband and my 3 year old daughter. Originally, I had wanted to do the Sentiero degli Dei hike, but after researching, it seems that it will not be feasable with my 3-year old.

Can anyone recommend a comparable hike in the area that would include the incredible vistas that the Amalfi coast has to offer without the fear of falling off a cliff? Something that is a little more practical to do with a toddler...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Maria

Portland, OR
reviews: 9
1. Re: Hiking in/near Positano with toddler (3 year old)?

I can't think of any hike in the area that would be appropriate with a 3-year-old, especially in the heat. If you want great views, take the ferry to Amalfi and then the bus or a cab up to Ravello and walk to Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo. Amazing views from each, and a safer place for the child.

Gifford, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
reviews: 94
2. Re: Hiking in/near Positano with toddler (3 year old)?

If you are looking for a hike buy a copy of the 'SUNFLOWER WALKS' which covers the whole area, but with a 3 year old unless she is on your back not a good idea.

Princeton, New...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Hiking in/near Positano with toddler (3 year old)?

Thank you both. I was thinking more of a scenic walk, but looks like the best, safest place for this will be Ravello.

Thanks!

Texas
reviews: 60
4. Re: Hiking in/near Positano with toddler (3 year old)?

There is a very scenic walk all the way on a safe pedestrian path from Ravello to Amalfi via Atrani - distance is short although there are many steps. Views are amazing. The tourist office in Ravello has free hiking maps which include this route.

Gifford, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
reviews: 94
5. Re: Hiking in/near Positano with toddler (3 year old)?

There is a nice walk around Ravelo and you can get the map & guide from the gift shop in the main square. The walk downhill from Ravello to Amalfi is probably possible with your 3 year old if you take your time, but I would put the toddler on rains as the whole of the area can be a bit dangerous for someone of that age.

6. Re: Hiking in/near Positano with toddler (3 year old)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 10, 2014