We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples to positano in July 2013

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 21
Naples to positano in July 2013

Can someone help/ offer some advice. I am travelling from Florence into Naples and have booked to stay in Positano and I am still not sure how to get from Naples to positano despite looking on ferry websites (in Italian which I cannot understand) I get severe motion sickness on buses and cars on curvy roads so I was really hoping to get some kind of boat. Many thanks in advance :-)

8 replies to this topic
Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Naples to positano in July 2013

There may possibly be a direct sea link between the two in July (last year, only one - and left quite early in the morning).... but perhaps late June at best before any announcement.

Or there are some 5 or 6 Alilauro hydrofoils to Sorrento - where you might be able to meet up with the Alicost service round to Positano.... in 2012, twice daily, at 10:30 and 15:00.

Otherwise, stay on the train to Salerno, and catch one of these...

coopsantandrea.com/it/…

Peter

Edited: 1:49 pm, February 27, 2013
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
2. Re: Naples to positano in July 2013

With that type of motion sickness, I'd probably just go to Salerno as suggested and get the boat from there.

Edited: 1:50 pm, February 27, 2013
Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 21
3. Re: Naples to positano in July 2013

Thanks for your help. I will look into going from Florence to solerno and then getting the boat from solerno to positano. It's car motion sickness on bendy roads.

New Orleans...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Naples to positano in July 2013

I would recommend hiring a driver to pick you up in Naples and take you to Positano. They will pick you up at the train station and drop you off right at your hotel/villa and arrange to have porters carry your luggage wherever it needs to go. I go to Positano every summer and each time I use Vincenzo Fusco as my driver. He is excellent, speaks English, knows everything there is to know about the area. You can email him for a price, It depends on how many are in your party and what vehicle he would use for transport.

The last 2 summers there has not been a direct ferry from Naples to Positano. So your options would be to take multiple ferries, the bus or a use a driver. Hope this helps. Vincenzo's website is taxidriverpositano.com. If you end up using him, tell him Beth from New Orleans sent you :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
5. Re: Naples to positano in July 2013

The ferry from Salerno seems to be the best option for the OP given the type of motion sickness he/she gets is from cars so driving the coastal road does not seem like a good option for the OP.

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Naples to positano in July 2013

>>>> The last 2 summers there has not been a direct ferry from Naples to Positano.

Sorry, but someone has been misinforming you - the Metro del Mare ran in both those summers....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/metro_del_mare

No longer exactly frequent, but it was there - with last year's €20 tickets only a fraction of what a friendly driver charged?

Peter

Sydney
7. Re: Naples to positano in July 2013

I am wanting to travel return from cruise port to Positano with 2 others for the day on October 4 2013.

Thought the fastest option would be ferry but seems it might not be running. Does anyone know answer or best alternative. We arrive 7am & sail at 6pm

Dianne

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
8. Re: Naples to positano in July 2013

Really the best is having a car service, yes the road to Positano is very windy but wake a dremomine (motion sickness pill) in the morning and you will be fine! Use the Positano limosine service it's 110$ and its a nice mercedes and the drivers are very good not as jerky in the turns as a cheaper car....

Reply to: Naples to positano in July 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted