We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Il San Pietro (Positano) vs Palazzo Avino (Ravello)

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Il San Pietro (Positano) vs Palazzo Avino (Ravello)

Has anyone stayed at both of these hotels and have a recommendation on which one to recommend to a couple? We have heard great things about both. We would be staying in a queen partial sea view in Palazzo Avino - does anyone know how the view is in this room? Is the small room and worse view worth it for a better overall hotel experience? We would be staying in a standard sea view in Il San Pietro. We are curious how far both are from towns, how the views would be at both hotels (in the rooms we are considering), how easy it is to find a seat with an umbrella at both hotels, and which hotel is overall a nicer experience. Any suggestions would be great!

New York
reviews: 32
1. Re: Il San Pietro (Positano) vs Palazzo Avino (Ravello)

I haven't stayed in either hotel, but I think one of the decisions you need to make is which town do you prefer?

Positano has easy access to the sea in which you can walk. From Ravello you need to take a bus down to Amalfi to access the sea. Not sure if this is important to you, but something you might want to consider.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
2. Re: Il San Pietro (Positano) vs Palazzo Avino (Ravello)

Keep in mind that Ravello is not on the sea - it is a 20-25 minute bus/taxi ride up the mountain from Amalfi. For that reason alone I would choose Il San Pietro. I had cocktails at sunset one evening last June at ISP and thought it was one of the most magical places I had ever seen. A friend stayed at ISP in July (it is his favorite hotel in Italy) and he sent me a picture while sunbathing on the ISP "beach" platform and there were plenty of sunbeds available.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
3. Re: Il San Pietro (Positano) vs Palazzo Avino (Ravello)

Il San Pietro is a 5 minute ride into Positano via their 24/7 complementary shuttle.

They have their own beach and their own sun bathing platform. Both accessible to hotel guests only. You will never have any problems getting a spot.

Every room at Il San Pietro has sea view and/or balcony/terrace.

As someone already pointed out, Ravello is a bird's-nest atop the coast line and you are pretty far from sea access. Ask yourself first if that isn't important. For me it is and that's why next August will be yet another Il San Pietro stay for me :-).

Many views from/of/around Il San Pietro can be found here ---->

www.pbase.com/enigmawmn/gallery/ilsanpietro

4. Re: Il San Pietro (Positano) vs Palazzo Avino (Ravello)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, December 17, 2013