We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

Hi Everyone I am looking for some advice please regarding renting a 2 bed villa on the Amalfi Coast in late Oct/Nov. There will be 2/3 adults and a 4 year old. We thought Positano would be a good base and are looking for any accommodation recommendations. Ideally we would like to stay in a villa or apartment without many steps and really close to the beach and main shopping area given the fact we will have a child with us. We don't want to be up in the hills or have lots of steps to our accommodation. Does anyone have any accommodation suggestions or advice please? Kind regards, Michael

New Orlins
1. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

Hi Michael

You can find a very good suggestion on www.vrbo.com , there are many apartments & Villas in Positano

Edited: 6:42 am, September 04, 2012
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
2. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

We stayed at www.villalesirene.com in June and loved it. If you don't want to walk the stairs, you can walk up the pedestrian path and then continue on Via Pasitea. If you really don't want any steps (which will mean you won't have any view), you could look at http://www.caravellamare.it

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

Thanks so much for your post, it is much appreciated!

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

Excellent, thanks so much!!!

Deerfield Beach...
5. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

My husband and I along with our 2 friends stayed in Positano in Oct, I would never stay in a villa again. The place was so musty it was terrible to breath. The beds are like sleeping on the floor. If you stayed in a hotel you could change your room, in a villa you are stuck. Everything has stairs! Ours had over 80 just to get to the villa than another 40 once you got in the door! To bring our luggage up we had to hire people, ( $40/bag)There is no free parking, expect to pay $50/day. Bring soap they charge $5 in town for a bar of soap.

There is nothing that does not have multiple amount of steps. My recommendation, visit for a day and stay somewhere else.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
6. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

Most people know in advance that Positano is all about the steps and love it; I have gone many times and will continue to go - usually for a week at a time.

If you have mobility issues or simply don't want to confront steps and inclines - do not go to Positano. There are photographs of the villages all over the internet and in guidebooks that show the vertical nature of the village.

It's a beauty - and, if you can manage the steps and don't mind them - if you do some good research for a villa, you can have a lovely time - as countless people do all the time.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 3
7. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

You just picked the wrong villa...which happens! In all my years staying in villas instead of hotels I have only been disappointed one time. I have stayed in some of the most glorious homes...at pennies on the dollar to what you would get comparably in a hotel.

West Midlands, UK
reviews: 71
8. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

Also make good used of the very frequent internal bus, that goes on a loop around Positano. That really helps when you are all "stepped out." A beautiful place.

9. Re: Positano villa in Oct/Nov-recommendations please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 20, 2014