We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Pompeii

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
reviews: 2
Getting to Pompeii

We will be in Positano for 2 nights and will arrive via train from Rome through Naples then Sorrento. We would like to go to Pompeii while in the area. Any advice on how to work in Pompeii?? Thanks

Positano
1. Re: Getting to Pompeii

Visit Pompeii, on the way down from Rome. You will save time and money.

Wollongong...
2. Re: Getting to Pompeii

Hi i am planning to stay in positano in may for 4 days.

How long should i put aside to visit pompeii?

I was thinking of doing a day or half day trip to pompeii, however i may also consider visiting pompeii on my way to rome. Are there any safe places to leave luggage whe visiting pompeii?

Wollongong...
3. Re: Getting to Pompeii

Hi i am planning to stay in positano in may for 4 days.

How long should i put aside to visit pompeii?

I was thinking of doing a day or half day trip to pompeii, however i may also consider visiting pompeii on my way to rome. Are there any safe places to leave luggage whe visiting pompeii?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
reviews: 8
4. Re: Getting to Pompeii

Are there any safe places to leave luggage whe visiting pompeii?- wish I knew the answer to this question but I did Pompeii as a day trip so had no luggage. It took me 4 hours to do all of Pompeii and I walk 2-3 miles per day. If you don't walk much, add another hour. A half day should be enough.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
reviews: 64
5. Re: Getting to Pompeii

We caught the SITA bus from Positano (the local bus stop - buy your ticket from the store before getting on the bus) into Salerno and then the Circumvesuvia direct to Pompeii - all up it took about an hour. We spent about 4 - 5 hours in Pompeii and caught the Circumvesuvia train into Sorrento and the boat from Sorrento to Positano. It was a magical day and all the transport was easy to use with almost no waiting. We choose this route as we got to see more but if time is important check the ferry times from Sorrento to Positano. Also when arriving at Pompeii check the times for return trains. .

6. Re: Getting to Pompeii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 12, 2009