We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Albergo Punta Regina to the beach? Mom is disable

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 1
How far is Albergo Punta Regina to the beach? Mom is disable

Hello, I would really apppreciate your advice. We are staying at Albergo Punta Regina with my Mom and daughter. My Mom had heart surgery and needs to rest when taking steps. How far is it to the beach from the hotel? Does anyone know how many steps? Do all tours to Sorrento, Amalfi, Capri, and Ravello go from the beach or can we take busses? Thanks so much!!!!

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 101
1. Re: How far is Albergo Punta Regina to the beach? Mom is disable

Yikes.

Please streetview this if you can.

I am a very fit person, and I love Positano, but even I got worn out in the "town of a thousand steps." I doubt Positano will be easy for your Mom. I empathize, as I also have a family member with similar constraints.

Amalfi may be a better choice.

New York
reviews: 28
2. Re: How far is Albergo Punta Regina to the beach? Mom is disable

This is not a good place for someone who has trouble with steps or any type of walking. Positano is a vertical village and aside from the road that you're staying on everything else is pedestrian only with lots of walking, steps, inclines, etc. etc...

Your hotel is at the top of the village on the road. To get anywhere other than another place on the road you must walk. It is all through a vertical village. For someone who is very fit it is probably a solid 15+ minutes down to get to the beach area and walking up is another challenge in itself.

It is not that you are navigating a stairway, you are navigating a village that is all stairs! Depending on the route down it can be hundreds of steps plus the inclines.Maybe some routes are less steps but you still have all the inclines and then back up again.

You might want to reconsider staying in Positano as it's really not ideal whatsoever for someone with mobility issues.

Edited: 12:07 am, August 20, 2012
Mill Valley/Marin...
3. Re: How far is Albergo Punta Regina to the beach? Mom is disable

I would take a look at Sorrento. The town is much flatter than Positano and is central for sightseeing.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 42
4. Re: How far is Albergo Punta Regina to the beach? Mom is disable

I would so agree with these posts, Positano is not for the immobile, even when I was younger I found it hard work, , stay else where, and if you want to visit, go by boat,

indiana
reviews: 7
5. Re: How far is Albergo Punta Regina to the beach? Mom is disable

You also might consider Il San Pietro as your choice of stay where there's an elevator down to their beach. From there you could take their boat to Positano and back. It's a few miles towards Praiano from Positano and you'd be pressed to find a better hotel anywhere.

6. Re: How far is Albergo Punta Regina to the beach? Mom is disable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 25, 2013