We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano brides 2013......

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Positano brides 2013......

Would like to hear from other brides getting married in Positano 2013 to compare notes and ideas....any australians getting married there?

Be great to communicate, Sharon........

61 replies to this topic
1. Re: Positano brides 2013......

Hi

We too are looking to get married in positano aug 2013. We are wanting an outdoor venue followed by an informal, relaxed meal/drinks in a decorated area that goes on into the night! There will only be 20 of us max so we are looking at the terrace at the town hall then maybe take a private boat over to capri for the reception??? Found it really difficult finding info & help as all the wedding planners are way ott with what's included in the packages for us but hopefully we will get there!!!

"Good luck to you with your plans"

Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 6
2. Re: Positano brides 2013......

Hi,

I'm very interested in exchanging ideas/tips, planning to marry at the town hall in July 2014.

Michelle

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
3. Re: Positano brides 2013......

I have just returned from a month in Italy after marrying in Positano Town Hall on 10/10/12, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding paperwork requirements, wedding planners or photographers. Is

worth all the work is a breathtaking place to get married!!

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Positano brides 2013......

Congrats on the wedding Lisa.....did you have a large wedding or small and intimate.......I'd be interested in your choice of hotel for the wedding nite and reception choice.......

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 15
5. Re: Positano brides 2013......

Dear Lisa, we are getting married in the town hall in July 2013. We are Australian citizens and have received conflicting advice about the paperwork. We have been advised by an "outposted" vice consul in Townsville (the closest office to us in Cairns) who says we need a Certificate of No Impediment issued by DFAT. I thought this was unnecessary, as the Nulla Osta takes the place of that. We want to get the Atto Notorio before we leave, and our wedding planner will arrange for us to get the Nulla Osta in Rome. Can you please clarify the legal paperwork you had to get? And how long they are valid for and if you needed anything apostilled? I appreciate your help on this, I'm very confused. We cannot provide 4 witnesses either in Townsville or Brisbane - do you have any suggestions regarding this?

Derry, United...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Positano brides 2013......

Hi

Im getting married in sept 2013 in the church of saint maria of assunta and having are reception in le terreze.

i was wondering if anybody had any ideas of were are guests could stay?

i was also wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to get from naples airport to positano?

M x

Canberra, Australia
reviews: 16
7. Re: Positano brides 2013......

Hi there,

How exciting for you- you've picked a truly amazing location to get married. My husband and I got married last August 2012 in Positano at the town hall on the terrace overlooking the sea- gorgeous view and amazing day!

We stayed in Amalfi with all of our guests and then we arranged to transport guests to Positano for the ceremony by mini bus and we hired a boat to transport all of us back to Amalfi for our reception. The boat was a lovely addition to the day and the scenery/atmosphere was incredible.

We had our reception at Hotel Luna outside on the terrace and the venue was amazing. The food was amazing too and so much of it. I definitely thought that we got what we paid for and I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding experience.

Re: paperwork- I am Canadian and my husband Australian so we had a lot to do once we arrived in Rome, however we did use a wedding planner (Austaralians living in Amalfi) and they were a huge help to us and our guests as they assisted with all of our travel arrangements and questions. It was extremely reassuring having them in Amalfinon the ground to follow up with hotel, venue and transportation bookings.

Re: getting from Naples to Positano, you could take the ferry (dending on how much luggage you will have) or hire a driver. We had a driver and were thankful we'd gone this route as it was much less stressful and we really enjoyed talking to all of the drivers we had and learning a bit more about the region from very proud locals. :)

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all. I know I had plenty at this time last year myself and I would love to help you.

All the best, Laurie

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
8. Re: Positano brides 2013......

There are many hotels in Positano - check www.venere.com to see what is still available for the dates needed; you can sort there by budget, type of room. But, book soon - September is still high season and bookings for the popular/good hotels are now done sometimes a year in advance (crazy as that is, thanks to the internet).

Use a car service - about 100-120 euros or so from Naples airport to Positano.

I always use Guemar Travel - you can email them with your inquiry. They respond quickly: info@guemartravel.com

I've used them about 8 times now and have always had them be on time, great, safe drivers -

But - do get on the stick about lodging soon - if the wedding is in Positano, I'd stay in Positano - Amalfi is a good 45 minute ride from Positano.

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 15
9. Re: Positano brides 2013......

Hotel Villa Franca is amazing - up the hill but worth it for the view - they have a courtesy bus - have stayed there previously.

Caruso Limo from Napoli to Positano are highly recommended.

Cheers!

Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 6
10. Re: Positano brides 2013......

All sounds lovely, can you tell me who you booked your boat with and the cost. Looking to marry July or Sept 2014 Thanks x

Reply to: Positano brides 2013......
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted