We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach chair rental question and internal bus

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
reviews: 9
Beach chair rental question and internal bus

I know this may seem like a ridiculously detailed question, but I am traveling with 4 "newbies" (ladies who have never traveled outside the US before) so the more details I have nailed down before we go the better for all of us!

One day we plan to go to the Fornillo beach. I understand we need to rent the chairs and umbrellas. Do we just sit down on the one we want and then they come to us to get paid? Or is there a booth there where you pay first and then choose your chair?

Similar question for Laurito beach. From reading (lots) I understand it is best to take the Da Adolfo boat (with the red fish) over (as opposed to the boat with the mermaid). Do we pay for our chair/umbrella rental when we board the boat, or pay someone when we get to the beach? Same procedure as at Fornillo?

Last question (for now). I have read that a good way to get around town (especially going uphill) is to take the "internal bus" (is it orange?). Do we need to buy tickets for the internal bus like we would for the SITA bus? If so, where would be get them? We are staying in a house that isn't too far from the beach (on Via dei Gladioli).

TIA!!

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 62
1. Re: Beach chair rental question and internal bus

A the Fornillo beach, yes just pick the chairs you want and they will come to you. For the other beach I don't know.

The internal bus is very easy to use. You can buy your tickets at the Tabaccos in Positano and I think (but am not sure) that the driver also sells tickets but you will need coins then.

Texas
reviews: 60
2. Re: Beach chair rental question and internal bus

What an adventure for you all!

I've always bought the bus tickets in advance and with four of them you can buy a book of them which will be a bit cheaper.

Two boats go to the cove where the Da Adolpho is - the other one is La Sirene. Take either one. If you eat at either restaurant, you can use their chairs for free.

We also like Gavitella beach in Praiano - also two boats the Gavitella and the Fire something. There you choose the loungers you want - or what's available - and pay the guy. They do serve drinks, lunch etc very reasonably. You can walk up the stairs from there to take a quick look at Praiano if you like. There is a really great view from that beach and we find the swimming access better if you like to go in the water.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
3. Re: Beach chair rental question and internal bus

If still the same price (which it may not be) as last Fall, the interno bus is 1,30 euros and easy to just pay on board. It will drop you at the point that the pedestrian only part of the village begins, which leads you down to the beach/sea. This bus (or any wheeled vehicle) does not go to the beach/sea and travels along Viale Pasitea.

Portland, OR
reviews: 9
4. Re: Beach chair rental question and internal bus

Thanks everyone for the help! 15 days and counting!!

5. Re: Beach chair rental question and internal bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 pm, June 20, 2013