My wife and I are going to be in Switzerland in two weeks, and are then heading to Positano. We have been analyzing multiple Transportation options, but wanted to get some recent expert advice..
Option 1: trains
- leave Switzerland at 8pm and arrive Milan at 9:15.
- leave Milan on night train in 2 person sleeper cabin to Naples
- Naples to Sorrento via Circumvesuviana train
- Bus, personal driver, or hydrofoil to Positano.
Getting to Naples on this route comes to roughly 190 Euros (sleeper cost is high)
This is best direct option night train correct? Any recent experience?
Option 2: train and plane
- leave Switzerland to Milan early am
- take easy jet from Milan to Naples
This option however requires transfers between train stations and airports....any advice on distance between stations and airports - both for Milan and Naples?
Getting to Naples cost is 105 euros, plus any transfers between train and airports...
We are staying with family in Switzerland, so hotel cost isn't a factor.
Just looking for some input or validation before booking any advance reservations.