We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
reviews: 20
naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

Plan to travel from Naples to Positano this spring on a Sunday. Will be carrying luggage. We are "older" but still get around OK. Don't want to spend a fortune, but will pay a little extra if makes a big difference. Think I've done a lot of research, but can't make a decision. Any opinions on how to get from Naples to Positano, i.e.,

1. take Circumvesuviana local train to Sorrento and then Sita bus to Positano (can you get luggage on bus?) OR

2.is it convenient to take a ferry either from Naples or Sorrento to Positano (what about luggage there?) OR

3. take a car service either from Naples or Sorrento (which seems very expensive), OR

4. any other options?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
11. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

If you can follow it, I've compiled a brief summary of journey times - here...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/132567370

Peter

Agassiz, B.C. Canada
reviews: 73
12. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

I also want to thank GAC and Peter and the others for their thorough answers. You are helping more of us than just the OP. I'm planning our trip to the Amalfi coast in late April, and have many of the same questions. Thanks again!

California
13. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

Hello, can you advice how I can get the 3-day UNICO CAMPANIA TOURIST TICKET? I'm having a hard time figuring out where to get it? Please advice since I will be taking the local trains and buses in the Naples/Almafi Coast.

Thanks.

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
14. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

The UnicoCampania site offers a system for looking up the "Points of Sale" - just start here and narrow the choice as much as you can...

www.unicocampania.it/index.php…

Otherwise, just go in anywhere that's displaying their logo!

Peter

Cape Town Central...
15. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

Naples via Sorrento to Positano

Hi who can help?

Our cruise arrives in Naples for one day. We want to visit Positano via Sorrento. Is this do-able? Would you recommend going by sea? What else is absolutely a must see that can fit into this time frame?

Keen to here your reply

Oxford, MS
reviews: 19
16. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

One word of advice from my experience, don't get on the Circumseuviana train with luggage. I was so angry after I got off that train that I posted a long detailed account of our experience on that train here on TA. Whatever you do don't get on that train. That was one time when we wished we would've spent a little extra.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 14
17. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

Hi

We will be in Naples just for the day while on a cruise. I have done the Amalfi drive in a coach and I've seen Positano from above but always wanted to arrive in Positano by sea. I have read the previous posts but I can't work out if it would be practical to get a ferry (is the ferry port near where my cruise ship would dock?) and travel to Positano for a few hours, returning to my cruise ship by maybe 5 pm? Thanks

Chicago, Illinois...
18. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

I am also curious whether there are ferry's or hydrofoils from naples to positano - specifically in late may. I have been unable to find this information online. Many of the websites are only in italian. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

19. Re: naples to positano - public transit, ferry or car service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 06, 2014