We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from salerno to positano

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 41
How to get from salerno to positano

We will actual be coming from Cinque Terre on an evening sleepover train to positano. As of now I have found that we can take a train from vernazza all the way to Naples, than take a train to salerno and then I'm stuck. Can we get a sita bus from there? Or is there a better way besides hiring a private driver. We are on a budget??? Can we take a boat or bus?? Please help.

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
1. Re: How to get from salerno to positano

Its me again-

I actually just found a different train that will go from naples to sorrento. is that better to do rather than salerno?? and then take SITA bus to positano???

Europe
reviews: 7
2. Re: How to get from salerno to positano

From Salerno there are feries that go to Positano. They leave at 8.40 - 9.40 - 10.40 ( only saturday and sunday ) - 11.40 - 14.10 - 15.30 and take 70 minutes. The port is few minutes walk from the station.

Otherwise if you will get off in Naples station, from there you can get the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento and then from Sorrento you can get a " SITA" bus to Positano.

The price of a local taxi will be around Euro 100, you could ask at your hotel if they can arrange it for you.

sorrento
3. Re: How to get from salerno to positano

To go to Positano from Naples, I think the "Sorrento route" is much easier.

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
4. Re: How to get from salerno to positano

Thank you! We would love to take a ferry but we will be arriving during the week. Thanks we will for sure go through sorrento instead of salerno.

Baton Rouge, LA
reviews: 2
5. Re: How to get from salerno to positano

We took the train to Salerno from Rome. From there we took a bus to Positano. It was a beautiful scenic view and we were glad we weren't driving. In Salerno buy your bus ticket at the newspaper stand in the train station, then walk outside to the curb abour 30 yards straight ahead to wait for your bus. Just ask the driver if the bus brings you to the Positano. You will have to change buses in Amalfie; this is no problem. Again just ask the new driver if this goes to Positano. There are two stops in positano. We got off on the first and walked about 200 yards downhill and found Hotel California. I can't say enough about this hotel. The view from the room balcony and terrace is outstanding. I highly recommend staying here. The owners speak excellent English and were very helpful. Good luck.