We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with Go Ahead Tours

Which Porto Venere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, NC
reviews: 12
Traveling with Go Ahead Tours

My husband and I are planning a trip to Venice, Lake Como, and the Italian Riviera and Go Ahead Tours seems to have the best itinerary/prices. Does anyone have experience with them, particularly with this itinerary? What is the best time of the year to go/ Are there other tour groups going to the same regions that are better? Thanks for the input.

Ashburn, VA
reviews: 7
11. Re: Traveling with Go Ahead Tours

Hi

I'm interested to know if you took this trip you asked about and what your recommendations are. We traveled with Go Ahead to China in May 2008....it was a satisfactory way to travel to China, but not much free time and ALL meals were with the group.

Thanks for any input you may have.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
12. Re: Traveling with Go Ahead Tours

mccartym has not been on the forum since the begining of Jan.09

Chaska, Minnesota
reviews: 5
13. Re: Traveling with Go Ahead Tours

I have taken two trips with Go Ahead-the Rome City Stay and London, Paris and Rome and have loved both trips. Their tour guides are excellent as are their phone representatives. It is nice to be able to chose extra side trips or to be able to go out on your own during your tour. It is cheapest to go in the spring no matter who you book with. The hotels have generally been nice but not always conveniently located but for the price we have been pleased.

The only negative thing about our trip was being booked home on Alitalia...not a positive experience.

Greenville, NC
reviews: 12
14. Re: Traveling with Go Ahead Tours

We did take this trip in May, 2009, and it was absolutely fantastic. We had a terrific tour guide, Sylvana, who took us to places that are not normally a part of the tour. Our group was very small (just 22) so we had time to do and see some extras. The meals were wonderful; the hotels were all beyond my expectations; but most of all, the itinerary was incredible. I think we saw the absolutely most beautiful parts of Italy. I would definitely recommend this company and we plan to travel with them again.

15. Re: Traveling with Go Ahead Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 04, 2010