We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

Which Pistoia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tucson, az
reviews: 27
How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

My husband and I are going to travel for 3 1/2 weeks in Italy. First from Florence then toward Pistoia, Lucca areas.

We are thinking about staying in Pistoia for 3 nights and checking out the area basing ourselves there. Question? Is that too long to stay there (Pistoia) or should we plan on just one or two nights?

I was thinking after 3 - 4 days in Florence it might be a goood idea to hang out in one place for a few days. Also, do we need to rent a car to see the area or can we just take trains etc?

thanks!

Perth, Western...
reviews: 275
1. Re: How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

If you have found an accomodation appealing very much to you, we would keep for a longer period because it is still a short drive between Florence and Pistoia (or Montecarlo on the way to Lucca).

From both areas can visit Vinci, Prato , Carmignano, Collodi, Cerreto Guidi, Borgo San Lorenzo and Montelupo.

Actually, if you pick San Miniato to base, you can make day trips to Volterra, Lucca and San Gimignano as well. You can choose an accomodation in a castle, in a winery, in a small inn or luxury bed and breakfast depending on your interests.

tucson, az
reviews: 27
2. Re: How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

Thanks so much for your reply to my request. We did stay in Pistoia for 3 nights and just loved it. Also, our B & B in Pistoia---" Lo Studio" was just wonderful as Cristina was the best hostess/friend. Also, my husband and I agree that she had the best breakfast of all!

From Pistoia we visited Montecatini (alto) as well, and did a day trip to the beach in Viaregio.

Oneof the best trips ever! We spent almost one month in Italy and can't wait to go back.

Perth, Western...
reviews: 275
3. Re: How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

We are glad YOU made the right choices. Thanks for the feedback.

NW Indiana
reviews: 11
4. Re: How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

Did you use any taxis in Pistoia and know any specifics about traveling about via them?

Havelock North, New...
reviews: 1
5. Re: How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

I am scoping up a return trip to Italy using public transport, so I am keen to know if you decided to use buses/trains for your trip or not?

How many days did you spend in Pistoia?

Did you do any day trips from Pistoia?

Regards

Sue

NW Indiana
6. Re: How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

I am traveling in October this year. It will be my first trip to Italy. I have decided to use public transportation but was seeking information about taxi service from Pistoia to more remote towns. I have booked a stay at a agritussimo(spelling?)

I an planning day trips from there to Florence, Lucca, Cinque de Terre, and possibly Siena. I will be in that area for a week.

NW Indiana
7. Re: How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

I am traveling in October this year. It will be my first trip to Italy. I have decided to use public transportation but was seeking information about taxi service from Pistoia to more remote towns. I have booked a stay at a agritussimo(spelling?)

I an planning day trips from there to Florence, Lucca, Cinque de Terre, and possibly Siena. I will be in that area for a week.

8. Re: How many days to spend in the Pistoia area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 21, 2013