We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

varenna to bergamo airport

Which Pistoia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
reviews: 8
varenna to bergamo airport

planning a trip to venice in October 2007 flying into marco polo airport and then hope to catch the train to Varenna, have arranged to fly back from Bergamo but not sure of distances and best mode of transport from Varenna any ideas ?

lancashire
reviews: 25
1. Re: varenna to bergamo airport

Hi County Down rose, I think like me you hail from the oul country (I'm from Tyrone)!

I'm staying in Varenna in May , and travelling from Bergamo. the distance is about 70 miles (drivers are mad!). Car hire is about £140 (cheapest) and a taxi is an wallet busting £220!

If you look at my posts recently you'll see that the train journey seems to be the best option. With a change at Lecco, the journey lasts 1hr:12, and costs around 12 Euros pp. See www.trenitalia.com Trains are cheap and efficient.

Also it seems that a car would be a waste of time once you get to Varenna

2. Re: varenna to bergamo airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 29, 2009