We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connections from Bergamo airport to Cadenabbia (Griante)

Which Pistoia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
6 posts
Connections from Bergamo airport to Cadenabbia (Griante)

Hi everyone, can anybody give me any info on getting from bergamo airport to Cadenabbia please?

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Connections from Bergamo airport to Cadenabbia (Griante)

Assuming that you want to take public transport, take bus no 1 from the airport to Bergamo train station (about 15 minutes). Then catch a train to Varenna. You will have to change trains at Lecco. Journey time takes about 1 hour 15 to 1 hour 30 minutes (costs about 4 euros).

When you arrive in Varenna, you'll need to walk down the hill (about 5-10 minutes) to the quayside on the lake. From there you can get a ferry across to Cadenabbia or alternatively to Bellagio and then another from there to Cadenabbia.

I have travelled from Bergamo up the west side of Lake Como, but I think this will be your quickest way, plus travelling by ferry is a great way to take in the views.

Have a look at www.trenitalia.com for train timetables and navlaghi.it/italia/navicomo/indicecomo.htm for the boat timetables.

If I can help any more, please let me know.

2. Re: Connections from Bergamo airport to Cadenabbia (Griante)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 28, 2009