We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in Palinuro

Which Palinuro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
car rental in Palinuro

Does anyone know if there is a car rental facility in Palinuro, and how I can get contact info. if there is one. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Salerno, Italia
reviews: 3
1. Re: car rental in Palinuro

Dear MichelleDallas,

You could look at this car rental place which has an office in Palinuro. I'd take an ES Eurostar or ICPlus InterCity Plus train to Pisciottta/Palinuro FS Train Station and then a bus over to the rental car office.

http://www.cilentoviaggi.com/

As a warning, traffic is very bad going to Palinuro from the end of July until mid-August. Then it'll be bad going from Palinuro up toward Salerno and Napoli.

We were in Laureana Cilento yesterday (a holiday) and the traffic was insane getting there from Salerno/Napoli and horrible on the way back. We took the train to Agropoli at 11:42am from Salerno and although it was crowded, we found a seat. However, I was told that someone took the earlier 8:42am train and couldn't even get on the train which was too packed. We met up with friends from Salerno who drove to Agropoli and they said that they were stuck in traffic for 2 hours (usually takes around 35-40 minutes with no traffic). Traffic from Agropoli on the A3 autostrada was so bad at 10pm last night that it took us 2.5 hours to reach Salerno.

Buona Fortuna...

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: car rental in Palinuro

Thank you so much. I was starting to panic & thought I was going to have to rent a car in Rome where our plane lands. It sounds like we'll be better off taking the train anytime we are heading North. I'll also have to make sure we buy our train tickets ahead of time. Hopefully that will ensure us a seat. I can't wait to get there!

Salerno, Italia
reviews: 3
3. Re: car rental in Palinuro

Dear MichelleDallas,

Just for the record, there are several rental car agencies in Salerno near the Salerno FS Train Station including Hertz and Avis:

http://www.campaniatour.it/noleggio

Actually, there's a Sixt rental office in Palinuro

www.sixt.it/main.php3…

Sixt is a pretty popular car rental company at least in Salerno.

Buona Fortuna...

Dallas, Texas
4. Re: car rental in Palinuro

kkushiba1,

I've called the rental car agency in Palinuro (which is truly my preference to rent there). The lady who answers does not speak any English or apparently she cannot understand my feeble attempt at Italian. I've tried emailing & even sent a fax translated into Italian and not received a response. Do you think it would be fine to just wait until we get there (September) to rent the car, or would I be taking a chance on not getting one. I can rent on the other site you mentioned on-line, but I'll have to take a trip to Salerno. That's not that big of a deal, but I had planned on going to Padula to see the monestary on the day I would need to return the car. Oh- is the monestary worth the visit?

5. Re: car rental in Palinuro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palinuro