We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

Which Orvieto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
umbria - Italy
Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

There is a wonderful place, newly discovered by several foreigners, fantastic for nature lovers (trekking, biking, horseriding and more!!) and yet strategic for visiting Umbria, Lazio and Tuscany!!! The place is near highway A1, so that You can easily even take the train in Orvieto and in one hour You are in Rome, or take the train in Chiusi and after one hour aND A HALF yOU ARE IN fLORENCE!! Allerona is so convenient and the ancient borough still like in the Middle Ages! There are several Natural reserves, wild animals, aromatic plants and you are so close to everything!!If you need informations, don't hesitate to contact me!!

Brockway PA USA
reviews: 8
1. Re: Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

Please provide some details of direction from Orvieto to Allerona.

Thanks.

2. Re: Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

Can you travel between Orvieto and Allerona without a car?

Brockway PA USA
3. Re: Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

I got a nice map of Orieto to Allerona from Via Michelin off the internet and it looks like Allerona is about 12-15 km north north west. Looks like it would be an good bike trip since it appears to be a country road (not busy highway) connecting the two.

I suspect there may be bus service but there is no bus info on the Umbria Tourist information web site and it is all in Italian.

THere is also a train station for Allerona one stop north towards Florence BUT it is still about 5 km from the village and is served only by some regional trains. Check the German Rail web site and use Orvieto as the origination and Allerona as destionation. (German Rail website is the absolute best for any European train info and train/tram/bus in Germany.) I was getting some information in a Swiss train station and the agent was using the German Rail website for information!

If I find any bus information I will post it.

We may go to Orvieto June 17 or so.

Brockway PA USA
4. Re: Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

Just a note to toolittletime.

Found an Italian web site with bus information for Orvieto and allerona.

Go to www.umbriatransport.it/default_eng.asp or to www.atcterni.it/invernale/orvextra.pdf. Second web site has exact info on busses. Need to click on ORARIE PERCORSI then on SERVIZI EXTRAURBINI. This will take you to a table showing urban or extra urban buses.

Buses leave (DA) the Train station at 8:05 13:15 and return (PER) leaving Allerona at 7:05, 8:45 and 14:45 but there is a foot note (3) following the 14:45 time. Also looks like a late bus from Allerona Scalo (which I believe means at the bottom of the hill where the village is located) at 16:35 but with a foot note (se)???

So there is bus service between Orvieto and Allerona. Looks like the trip takes 40 minutes. Cost? There is a tariff page on the web site but I can't tell how one would figure out fare to Allerona.

5. Re: Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

Thank you for all the information - it is a great help.

Brockway PA USA
6. Re: Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

To:too little time,

I was able to figure out the Orvieto extraurban bus foot notes. The explination was in the middle of the PDF schedule page.

Scottsdale, AZ
reviews: 1
7. Re: Have You ever been to Allerona, next to Orvieto????

Hi, I have yet to go there, but since you have already been ( I think) I have a question for you -

In Perugia, do you know of either theHotel L Rosetta or Hotel Della Posta? We are planning on staying 2 nights there, then going down to ORvieto and Staying 2 nights at either La Badia or La Locanda - both are a few km out of town which worries me a bit. Any thoughts or "Don't miss" Places?? We are going this May. Thanks!