We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

etruscan

Which Orvieto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
plymouth
reviews: 10
etruscan

hi we will be visiting orvieto as a day trip but would like to go to the etriuscan burial site which i believe is near to orvieto could you please advise is there a bus or is it walkable .we will be coming to orvieto on a bus from viterbo

Florence, Italy
reviews: 347
1. Re: etruscan

If you mean to refer to the Etruscan burial site so-called of "Crocifisso del tufo", it is close to the city, at the northwest base of the cliff on which stands Orvieto (State Road no. 71, Km stone 1.6). See in this regard:

- www.archeopg.arti.beniculturali.it/index.php…

- tripadvisor.it/…mtreview_129913354

- www.comune.orvieto.tr.it/i/39D1084E.htm

Perth, Western...
reviews: 275
2. Re: etruscan

However the whole town has been build by the Etruscan and has a big charm. You can still visit the Orvieto Underground, the Duomo and the St. Patrick's well.

www.regioneumbria.eu

plymouth
3. Re: etruscan

thank you very much

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
4. Re: etruscan

This looks very interesting. In the links provided I do not see how exactly to get ther form Orvieto (some of the conversions were in Italain). Can you wlak there? is there public transport there from near the train station?

Perth, Western...
reviews: 275
5. Re: etruscan

Where there is an hamlet or a small residential area in Umbria, there are public transport provided, perhaps limited but surely there are. Orvieto train station is also a bus hub.

Florence, Italy
reviews: 347
6. Re: etruscan

A TA reviewer of burial site writes:

"The walk down (not along the road) was very pretty, mostly trails but it is a very steep hill, and my suggestion is to take the bus back up unless you rented a car. The bus stop is very close to the entrance to the necropolis".

But the Orvieto bus timetable at the webpage

umbriamobilita.it/public/resources/orari/urb…

doesn't help to figure out which bus stops close to the burial site.

Some insiders have better information?

plymouth
7. Re: etruscan

thank you yes i would need to get the bus up

8. Re: etruscan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 06, 2014