We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat tours

Which Orbetello hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
capital district ny
reviews: 2
boat tours

Well, finally after months of indecision, I finally decided to book 2 nights at Agriturismo Quercia Rossa near Manciano.

We are a family of 4 including our 22 yr old son and 17 yr old dtr. Our trip will be in July. We would like to visit the Argentario and would like to know if there are any boat tours that are either several hours long or half day at most. I found one, but it is a full day excursion and well out of our budget.

I was hoping to find something shorter for about 30-40euros per person. Anyone know of this type of boat tour?

Any other advice for the area is welcomed.

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
reviews: 8
1. Re: boat tours

Consider taking the ferry over to Giglio from Porta Stefano. It's about a hour ride each way. Giglio has a wonderfull Castello to explore as well once you get there.

capital district ny
reviews: 2
2. Re: boat tours

Thank you so much. I will def look into this.

Have you taken the ferry yourself? Are there nice views of the coastline?

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
reviews: 8
3. Re: boat tours

I took the ferry last week. The weather and seas were perfect. The one hour trip each way was very enjoyable. If you look at a map of Monte Argentario where Porta Staphano is located and the Gligio you can tell the route of the ferry. You get a decent view of the west side of Argentario and the east side of Gligio. It's not set up though as a coastal tour.

There are two ferry companies that do the run. While we used the same one for both ways. I think you can mix the two for a better schedule

giglioinfo.com/isola_del_giglio/giglio_isle_…

4. Re: boat tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, April 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Orbetello